Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"My Grandfather's Cat" celebrates its 100th adoption
My Grandfather's Cat is a special adoption charity that was born when a young woman's grandfather died and left behind a cat. No one else could take him so she did. That made her aware of a need. People die and leave pets behind. People become terminally ill and need to rehome their pets before the end. Seniors who need to move into some form of care home often need to give up their pets. 
Angela Rafuse set up her charity to meet the need for rehoming pets. She was already on TikTok so she launched her idea there.
It has done well and she just rehomed her 100th  pet.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/woman-he...sing-away/

This is an amazing idea. So many people would be at peace if the knew their pet was being taken care of. No one wants to give up a pet, but if you find out you are dying, what can you do.
Many seniors who would love a companion pet don't have one because they are afraid of leaving the animal in need if anything happened to them.
There is a need for this charity everywhere. I hope it can be expanded or other groups can be formed in other areas. It needs to be everywhere because there is a need for it everywhere.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine