Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Pet Memorial Day
June 13, the second Tuesday in June has been designated World Pet Memorial Day. It is a day to remember our pets who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/world-pe...ay-june-8/

However you plan to the celebrate the day It is important to remember how much our pets mean to us.
That love doesn't end when they are gone. We just need to find new ways to express it as we cherish their memories.

https://www.furevermemorials.com/pet-los...celebrate/

I like the idea of planting things to remember a pet. Going for a special walk would be beautiful.
Just sitting and remembering the time you had with your pet is special. Whatever you need to do to remember your pet, that is the right thing for you to do. 
Each of our pets was unique in our lives and we will remember them in our own way.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Planting something, or even creating a small memorial garden for a deceased animal friend is always a lovely thing to do. The "garden" can be really tiny! Just a few white stones in a little circle with crystals and something planted inside and/or even a weatherproof vase for some fresh flowers, and maybe a tiny solar powered light.
So a lot of space wouldn't be needed. Maybe that could even include a small simple garden bench beside it, to sit and drink coffee in the morning while remembering happy times together. It's easy to make one cheaply with mortared bricks for supports, and just a thick varnished plank as a seat.

Then there is always a little Memorial Garden. Heart
I love the little bench idea. Any little spot where you can remember your pet will do.
I like to plant something that blooms so each spring I am reminded of my pet when the flowers appear. 

If you really have nowhere to plant, a little indoor garden would do as a memorial. It could have a small plant and some stones and maybe a little tiny animal to remind you of the pet. 

We need things like this when we have lost a loved one.  Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine