Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos from our garden
I love the teddy Bear Bee. It is so pretty.
It was risky of them to introduce bee species. Of course they do stay with the hive so maybe they can be managed.
I just worry about local species. Of course now days we are just lucky to have any bees at all.

I just looked up The Big Year. It would be funny. There is something a little odd about bird watchers competing. It is supposed to be a gentle hobby.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

True, but twitching is huge and hilarious to watch. The people are so serious and so competitive.
There is a 'twitchathon' held in some states every year by Birdlife Australia which raises money for bird conservation programs.
Some of the people who compete are just incredible. They can recognise a bird just by its call, or the way it flies.
I'd love to have a go at it some day, just for fun.
I have never heard the term twitching. Is it a local thing or have I missed a sport that I might be good at.

I can recognize some birds by their sound or their profile. Of course some birds are really easy to recognize.
If it is BIG and WHITE it is going to be a Swan.
Catherine

Pretty sure it's a worldwide term. Think they prefer 'birding' though.
I know the term birding. I have never heard the term twitching. Of course I have never hung out with an actual bird watching group.

I must watch the movie. A bird watching comedy would be funny on so many levels.
Catherine