Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lily's Place Animal Sanctuary
Lily's Place started in Ontario, but they moved to New Brunswick. There are a number of sanctuaries in Ontario, but there was a real need for one in New Brunswick. They bought an old golf course and turned it into sanctuary for farm animals. They are currently looking after 21 animals, not counting their dogs.
They have taken on Nancy, a sheep with a prosthetic leg. Nancy is learning to use the leg and Jamie and Tim are learning how to help her.
Now they have taken in Rosie, a sheep who lost her back hooves to frostbite. She needs help to learn to walk properly. Eventually she will need prosthetics to replace her missing hooves.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns...-1.6866124

There is always a need for farm sanctuaries. That was very good of the founders of Lily's sanctuary to move their sanctuary to a place where there was even greater need. 
I am glad to hear that there is a practical use for a golf course. It will be more of a green space when the grass is allowed to grow.

I am sure Nancy and Rosie will be the beginning of a herd of sheep with special needs. It takes special people to get up every morning and care for sheep with prosthetics and the need for physio.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I love animal sanctuaries we have a few in Australia I like how they have a lot of room for the animals.
I love reading about animal sanctuaries.  Edgar's Mission is one of my favorites. 
Lily's Place is a newer sanctuary, but they are doing wonderful things. They are giving injured sheep a chance to live happy lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine