Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cows drop in for a visit?
One does not usually expect any one to just drop in...through the roof.
One certainly does not expect a couple of cows to drop in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-25030132

Fortunately no one was hurt, not even the cows. What a surprize it must have been for both parties. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I remember hearing about an incident that happened to my Grandmother. She lived in a cottage in the middle of the Ayrshire countryside in Scotland. (My Mum was Scots.)
The surrounding fields housed a herd of Ayrshire cattle. The Bull was a sweetie called Double Wind. He was huge and had a set of horns to be proud of. He was also docile and friendly.
Nana had gone out into her garden to gather veggies for dinner and left her front door ajar. When she came back in there was Double Wind standing in her sitting room looking at himself in the mirror over the fireplace. He was so big he could hardly turn around.
He was such a sweetie that Nana could take hold of his head collar and guide him out of the sitting room and outside back to his field.
It must have been quite a sight as Nana was barely 4 foot 10 and double wind was massive.
He had a brother, whose name I can't recall, who looked just like him but was quite ferocious. It wasn't until some one asked her how she had been sure it was Double Wind and not his brother that she realised that she hadn't known at all and had just assumed it was him!!
I always knew she was brave but that must have taken a lot of courage for a wee woman.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am trying to picture your grandmother with a bull in her sitting room.
That must have been quite a surprize. Interesting that he was looking at his image in a mirror. Yes your Nana was rather brave even if it was the gentle bull. Look how big he was compared to her.
I wonder what the fierce bull would have done? I suspect your Nana wouldn't have taken any nonsense from either bull. Brave woman your Nana.23
Catherine

[Image: smiley-laughing021.gif] [Image: smiley-laughing025.gif]
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Just the thought of a cow dropping in through the ceiling is pretty funny. I can't imagine the look on the woman's face when she saw a cow just standing there. I think I would laugh.Smiley36
Catherine

25 Yes this was so funny! I read about it in the paper at the time. I couldn't work out how the cows got on the roof in the first place, then realised it was because the field sloped down to the lady's roof, and they broke through the fence.
Those cows and that lady must have had such a shock!

I hope she doesn't get a COWBOY builder in to fix it! Smiley58
[Image: qdraw.gif]

[Image: smiley-laughing001.gif]
The story gives new meaning to drop in for a visit

[Image: smiley-laughing024.gif]
Catherine