Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family moves and leaves senior dog behind
Imagine being an old dog and waking up one morning to find your people had packed and moved and left you behind.
That is exactly what happened to one old dog. He refused to give up hoping his people would return.
The neighbours tried to help with food and water. In the end they had to call in Logan's Legacy dog rescue.
It wasn't easy, but they did finally catch the dog. He has been named Fritter and he is being cared for while they look for a forever home for him.

https://www.thedodo.com/senior-dog-wakes...ithout-him

What did they think would happen to the dog if they left him like that. It is fortunate that the neighbours were caring people.
Maybe they could no longer afford to care for him, but they didn't need to leave him like that.
It must have been scary to wake up and find everyone gone.
I hope Fritter finds a special home soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Surely the humans who had Fritter before moving can be traced? Is anyone going to trace them and take action against them? Is abandonment of an animal a crime in California?
Poor Fritter,! May he find a loving home soon!
I don't know if they can be traced. If they left the state or even the county, then maybe not. If they are staying with friends or family there might not be any record of them.
I think abandoning an animal is a crime in California. Of course, if they get fined, they probably wouldn't be able to pay. 
If they were willing to leave their dog like that, they are probably in mess in other ways.

They couldn't have thought it over too well. What did they think would happen to their dog.
The best that can happen  for Fritter is to find a good home.
He deserves a safe, stable place for the rest of his life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine