Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man leaves his pets unattended
Thumbs Down 
This is really bad behavior. Lots of us have pets and have to provide for them if we are away. I cat sit and board the odd animal so I know what it is like. He just went off and left them and it is only the awareness of neighbours that saved the animals lives.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/08/cha...d-for-days

You just can't leave these animals with no one to look after them. Their water situation was not okay. Bearded dragons need feeding daily. One dog was left outside and anything could have happened.
What was he thinking!Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

He probably wasn't thinking at all. I saw this comment underneath the article you cited:

"I live by this idiot, he drives at top speeds through the complex. Little kids are playing on the street and (name deleted) aka IDIOT drives at top speeds almost hitting the kids in the area. He was left by his girlfriend a few months ago and now he has lost it. Always high or drunk playing music at top volumes at 5am."

Sounds like he is "well gone" as they say, and should be banned from ever keeping any pets. Totally irresponsible and possibly mentally ill.
It is a good thing they took his pets away. When you realize you are overwhelmed, you should rehome your pets or get help. Of course someone like that probably does not have friends.
Catherine

It's frightening that some people who are not even fit to look after themselves properly are at liberty to buy or obtain animals. By the same token, there is nothing to stop them having children!
I'm glad something was done about this. But when the ban has ended, then the man is entitled to have animals again!
At least these animals are safe and well looked after and they were found in time. In the hot summer you just can't leave animals without water.

I don't even know how they can enforce a ban on owning animals. He could get animals and who would know.
Catherine