Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitter & Hercules's Babies
Glitter had her babies this morning. She gave birth to 5 but sadly one was DOA (a crested tricolour boar). The surviving babies are small weighing from 56g to 74g. There are 3 boars and 1 sow. Finally, Glitter is a mother! Anyway, two of the babies are crested and all will be carrying the teddy gene.

[Image: DSC00546_zpsdc716a35.jpg]
[Image: DSC00547_zps5d454822.jpg]
Congratulations Glitter and Hercules.Smiley32

They are lovely and I can see the crests. You have a nice mix of colours. They have two different patterns though. Interesting how that works out. It is like they are from two different litters. Will there be a difference in the coats because they carry the Teddy gene?

You must have a shed full of babies now. How many litters do you have. It must be quite a chorus of wheeks and squeaks at feeding time. I miss having babies. I know they are small, I hope they will be okay.Undecided
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(12-16-2013, 03:18 AM)Catherine Wrote: Congratulations Glitter and Hercules.Smiley32

They are lovely and I can see the crests. You have a nice mix of colours. They have two different patterns though. Interesting how that works out. It is like they are from two different litters. Will there be a difference in the coats because they carry the Teddy gene?

You must have a shed full of babies now. How many litters do you have. It must be quite a chorus of wheeks and squeaks at feeding time. I miss having babies. I know they are small, I hope they will be okay.Undecided

Two of them have crests so it means that Hercules carries the crest gene. Funny really because his daughter, Cupcake (a teddy) has a crest as well. So, I have a Crested Teddy. I just didn't really think of it as a crest.

Their coats are just normal short haired coats, there doesn't appear to be much difference in them. They are doing really well and Glitter is turning out to be a great mom. I am just glad I gave her the chance to be. I was a bit worried about her at first because she didn't seem too bothered about the babies and I wondered if I would have to hand feed them but she has looked after all four of them really well. They are still small but they are getting a lot stronger and livelier. They have been named Manny, Diego, Sid and Ellie. (can you guess the theme?)
It took a second for me to connect the names. Ice Age? I love that movie!
I am glad Glitter is doing okay. She will do even better next time when she knows what she is doing.

Are they smooth coated with crests. Tow of them look a bit different.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine