Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Horse, Domesticated!
Hey i saw this cool video on horses, got lots of information and history of horses! http://youtu.be/g3BhJF07eO4
I can't get the video to play tonight. It might be a glitch at my end. I will try tomorrow when I have time to sort out why it won't play.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Today it let me watch. I don't know why things are sometimes glitchy. If I come back later there is no problem.

Good video. I loved the pictures of horses. They do a good job of explaining the relationship of horses to other animals. There is no doubt, the horse is the prettiest member of its family.
Catherine

'Horses' used to have 4-5 toes on each foot until they evolved to just one. I *think* developing embryos may also still have 4-5 toes until they reduce back up the leg, kinda like how we still have gill slits and tails as embryos. Evolution is fascinating.
Quote:'Horses' used to have 4-5 toes on each foot until they evolved to just one. I *think* developing embryos may also still have 4-5 toes until they reduce back up the leg, kinda like how we still have gill slits and tails as embryos. Evolution is fascinating.

I think you are right. A lot of developing embryos have vestigial parts that do not fully develop. I know humans have the beginnings of gills at an early stage, but they do not develop.

I think some relationships between species are really only clear if you look at the embryos.
Catherine