Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog saves owner from bear attack
Boomer is one brave dog. She tackled a full sized brown bear and drove it off. With out her intervention her owner would have been killed.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pets/pet-tal...1408160008
Think about it, the bear was 300 pounds, the dog was thirty pounds. Boomer drove of an attacker that was ten times her own weight. That took incredible courage and loyalty.
Once again a dog proves to be our best friend.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Catherine, the link leads to dear Gus Kenworthy, not to a dog saving a human from a bear.....
Opps! It was the next story on the site so it must have linked to that story since I had already read about the dog/bear incident. Sometimes these web sites are too clever.

I also reversed the letters in from to spell form. I edited it in both our posts.
Catherine

Great story. A human's best friend to the rescue again!
What a dramatic story! Good girl Boomer!
It sounds like she suffered a lot of delayed shock from the incident, but she did a jolly good job! Her hair does look as if it has grown back very well.
Aussie Shepherds are so full of character. I am very fond of them. But she is a small girl at 30lbs. Feisty though!
I am always amazed when a small dog like that tackles something like a bear. I guess love knows no fear. She was willing to risk her life to save her beloved human companion.

I think both dog and human had some trauma. It took awhile for them to walk that route again.
Catherine