Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Farm Karma...are we starting to get the message??
The whole point about Karma is there is no cause without effect. If we do something, we can expect to reap the results. Simple.

So now there is a toxic waste scare, caused by factory farming which is poisoning the water supply in Toledo, Ohio.

http://www.care2.com/causes/toxic-algae-...farms.html

(Quoted from the care2 article; link above)
Speaking on behalf of OAAC and as vice-president of the Ohio Farmers Union, Bill Miller says that: “To have less pollution and begin cleaning up the lakes, we must have fewer factory farms and begin returning to a more traditional system of agriculture where animals are treated like more than mere production units. Our water, the animals, our health and our rural communities will all be better off for it.

Are we starting to get the message?
I heard about the water problem, but I had not yet followed up to find out the cause. So there is yet another reason why factory farming is bad.
It may not be a direct route, but Karma is coming back around to repay us for factory farming. It is not an isolated incident so surely something will have to be changed.

The eggs and meat from factory farms are not healthy. Now we find the waste products are creating serious health problems.

If we don't change voluntarily, Karma will force us to change. I don't know if a lot of people are getting the message yet, but they know something is up when they have to boil their water.

Let us hope this incident is a wake up call.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Indeed, Catherine. Tobi, thanks for posting this thread. I hadn't seen this article. I am bookmarking it.
There have been a number of incidents involving runoff from factory farms. I hope it is enough to make people think about change.

If we don't change we will be faced with the consequences of our actions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine