Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studies show we do resemble our dogs
I am interested in how much work has gone into studying this. Not only do we resemble our dogs, others can tell if a particular dog is our dog.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and..._eyes.html
Some pictures:
http://www.viralnova.com/dog-owners/

They do look alike.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

So I don't have a dog, but I know what I want.

This is the kind of dog I want.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhd5DKOpdW6coWsB_egkd...csSmtXqK1A]

And this is me.
[Image: P5100044.JPG]

Are we a match?
Catherine

Oh! You both have lovely faces! (In fact....you all THREE have lovely faces)
I can see something in the little Jack Russell.....and you.
They are splendid dogs, but are prone to selective deafness....LOL And they are tenacious and determined, but very loyal.
My JR used to chase the Moon. He never caught it of course.

But be careful because they are 'ratters'. Chase any tiny critters that run, and are not very gentle with their jaws. They are just built that way. So unless they had grown up with Guinea Pigs from being a tiny pup, and understood they were part of the 'pack'...you may have issues keeping them separated!
Sorry, Catherine, I think you look more like the guinea pig. Please take that as a compliment! Smiley4
Actually the guinea pig in the picture was Pigbert so looking like him is definitely a compliment. He was a little hero. He had neurological issues and couldn't walk and did have seizures and yet he was always the happiest creature ever. He loved life to the fullest for the five years that he lived.

Maybe I will have to love Jack Russels from afar. I think I will always have small furry rescue creatures around. Maybe I can get a friend to get a Jack Russell and then I could borrow him.
Catherine