Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAWS in the Park
It is time for the Toronto Humane Societies annual dog-walk-a-thon fundraiser. I will be going to help out, since I don't have a dog. There will be lots of displays and events and of course dogs! They seem to come in all sizes and shapes and it is wonderful to see them set off on the walk. Of course we wait by the finish line to cheer them on as they finish the course. It is a happy event and the money goes towards the running of the THS shelter. It is a beautiful shelter.

http://torontohumanesociety.akaraisin.co...8485&mid=8

Much fun will be had by all.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a great idea for a fundraising event. It will do everyone -including doggies -a lot of good, and I hope fun is enjoyed by all.
It will be nice to be part of the event by helping out on the day. Do tell us about it!

Is that a Paws in the Park T shirt you are wearing in the Piggies photos?
Good eyes, it is a Paws in the Park t-shirt. All the volunteers get them. I have two now for the two years I have been there. I volunteer at the membership table and we accept donations. People sponsor the dogs for the walk so they raise a good amount for the shelter.

The Toronto Humane Society now has a spay/neuter clinic and we do vaccinations and micro chipping. We also are a key player in the city wide Trap/Neuter/Release program to deal with stray cats. The vets give their time and they have neutered hundreds of street cats. I will do a separate post about this program.

We will be set up in a park near the lake so the walk will be great, fresh air, sunshine and a beautiful big lake shore to walk along.
Last year there was a silent auction and a trained dog show.

I will let you know how it goes.
Catherine

It was a very successful day. Over 200 dog walkers and over $150,000.00 raised. That will help keep the shelter open and fund various projects.

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/news...0-87681949

Some of the dogs at the event were from the shelter and they had a chance to meet people who are thinking of adopting.
In every way it is a good event. It brings a lot of good publicity about the work of the Toronto Humane Society.
Catherine