Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law passes in Ontario to allow penned hunting
The proposed change to the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act allows changes to the training of hunting dogs. They will be able to use "train and trial" areas where wildlife will be penned with no where to hide and no way to escape. Hunting dogs will be turned loose to rip the animals apart.

These kind of so called "training" areas already exist, but they have been declining since the 90s. This change in the law allows for an increase in the number of areas where this is permitted.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2024/03/onta...MAIL_ID%5D

I have to wonder what sort of deranged mind proposed an increase in something so disgusting. Who even thought this up in the first place.
Wild animals are caught and placed in pens where they will be ripped apart by dogs. Anyone who would do that should not even own a dog.
This is brutal, cruel and inhumane. Anyone who would do this shows a total lack of empathy and basic human decency. 

It has been requested that the Ontario Natural Resources and Forestry Minister, Graydon Smith review the new rules. The vast majority of people in Ontario do not want this. We reject the idea of the cruel caging of animals so they can be ripped apart by dogs.
Let us hope that Minister Smith does his job. Sadly he is part of our current Provincial Government, who actually voted for this, so I wouldn't count on it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-08-2024, 02:26 PM)Catherine Wrote: I have to wonder what sort of deranged mind proposed an increase in something so disgusting. Who even thought this up in the first place. Wild animals are caught and placed in pens where they will be ripped apart by dogs. Anyone who would do that should not even own a dog. This is brutal, cruel and inhumane. Anyone who would do this shows a total lack of empathy and basic human decency. 
These are my thoughts, also.

It is hard to have this happen where I live.
It fits with other things this government allows.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine