Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An amazing horse rescue
Heart 
I decided this story needed its own thread. Even after five years it is still an amazing story and now there is a book. I want the book.
http://www.fallingstarranch.ca/HorseRescuePage.htm

I can still remember the rescue when it was taking place. They were not sure they could get the horses out. When you look at the pictures and how much had to be done to rescue them, I am amazed that they had the courage to try. But then the horses were trying so hard to stay alive, trapped in the snow and starving to death. They had not given up so how could people give up on them.

It is worth the time to look at the pictures of the rescue. If you ever wonder if you can do something, just remember what they did to save Belle and Sundance. All things are possible when we try. Of course many people worked together and that may be the secret of success.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an amazing story.
I always like a happy ending, especially when animals bring out the best in human nature.
I still get an amazing feeling when I read about how much work was done to save the two horses. No one would give up on them. They shovelled out a path down a mountainside. That is a heroic effort. And now the horses have a good happy lives.
It is an incredible story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine