Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life after Lambert
The boys have pulled together as a family and life goes on.
[Image: IMG_0674.JPG]
Notice how they have left room for Lambert.
Murray looks sad.
[Image: IMG_0675.JPG]
Robbie and Rosebert look sad together.
[Image: IMG_0676.JPG]
Murray and Norbert together
[Image: IMG_0677.JPG]
They are really staying close.
[Image: IMG_0679.JPG]
Sharing Blueberries, one of Lambert's favourite treats.
Lambert always stood on the now empty side of the dish. They are still leaving room for him.
[Image: IMG_0680.JPG]
The days after Pigbert died, none of the guinea pigs would eat carrots. They left them all for Pigbert since they were his favourite. I guess they have their ways of remembering the dead.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's good to see that they are getting on with life. They have each other, so that helps. But the absence of Lambert must take some getting used to. It's nice that they have left a space for him at the food bowl, and when they are resting.
That is interesting, about the carrots and Pigbert...

I found it hard to eat apples after Misty went, and I like apples. The reason was I never ate an apple without giving her a little piece, and every night she had a couple of slices of apple as an evening treat at 9 o clock. After a while I started eating them again 'in her happy memory'...but still missed a dog asking for a piece....
It is the little things that we miss. Things like a dog asking for a piece of apple. Pigbert loved carrots and the other piggies had let him have most of the carrots and they ate other things. Lambert always stood at the front of the enclosure so they still think of that as Lambert's place.

At first we miss them and then they become a comfort. Some day sleeping in Lambert's spot will make the others happy, for now they don't sit there.

They are doing very well and I can see how Robbie and Murray have made a big difference to Norbert and Rosebert. They are younger and full of life and keep the two older boys focused on life.
Catherine

I am glad they are adjusting. Maybe Lambert left behind some positive energy for them all.
....Maybe Lambert keeps an eye on them!
In his own way he is still with us. After all, I just brought home another Big Box of Hay and he wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Murray has been spending more time with Flora. I think he really like Lambert. He looked so sad when he went down there and found Lambert gone. Murray knew he was dead, but he might have still been expecting him. The others are aware of the absence all the time.
They are doing very well. I don't think any of them are pining for Lambert. They just miss him in a loving way.
Catherine

Piggies seem to be able to just get on with it, don't they? I know, from little things she does, that Annie is still missing all her old friends, but she has been enlivened by the presence of Sadie and Annie is enjoying her new friend. They do seem to cope better in a group if one has to leave.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am glad Annie has Sadie. I can see what a difference Robbie makes to Rosebert and Norbert. They do go on when they have someone they are still bonded with.
Miss Iain, Lambert's grand daughter, just quit living when her friend Lily died and she was only two years old.
Catherine