Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two headed turtle
It may be odd, but it is really cute.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...China.html

This sometimes happens to snakes and bearded dragons. It really is a cute turtle with its two faces.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, this is so strange. I wonder why this mutation happened. I have no idea if it is rare or not, but hope the turtle is okay. Would that be the equivalent of conjoined twins....or something entirely different in the case of turtles....? I have no idea.

Let's hope the two heads don't have an argument with each other! Snapping turtles deliver a heck of a snap!
It is very rare and it is the reptile equivalent of our conjoined twins. I am not sure it could survive in the wild. Probably not. The heads would fight over food. It will take work to raise it, but if they are careful it should be fine. Of course that depends on everything being intact inside the turtle.

With snakes they have to cover one head to feed the other. Sometimes one head is the dominant one and sometimes one head does most of the feeding. Since there is only one stomach it doesn't matter who eats.

I have seem a two headed snake at a zoo and it is odd and interesting. No doubt we will hear more about this little turtle if he does well and grows.
Catherine

Okay, that was definitely different, but surely a cutey-pie!!
I have heard of this before but never seen the pics.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
They can have two different personalities and want to go in two different directions. They really need to learn how to share and cooperate.Smiley4

I secretly hope I end up producing a two headed snake. It would be so interesting.
Catherine

.....well I guess it's not a secret anymore......Just kidding, I won't tell anyone!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:.....well I guess it's not a secret anymore......Just kidding, I won't tell anyone!!

[Image: smiley-laughing001.gif][Image: smiley-laughing004.gif]

I did kind of put that out there in public, didn't I.
Catherine