Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet dog vid.
Smile 
Saw this on youtube, and I thought it was adorable, so thought I should share. Smiley4

Guilty dogs 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKA9FNV1Ric

It's amazing how dogs always seem to go down onto their side and lift their leg up like that when they know their guilty, either that, or they squint their eyes, do the "toothy grin" or simply keep turning their head as far away from you as possible (to make it absolutely clear that they have no idea what you're talking about). lol Bless. That doggy at 1:40, poor little thing.

I remember my two dogs who I grew up with ... one was a "squinter" and the other one was a "head turner". Smiley1

How do your dogs all show their guilt?

"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede
Aww! They definitely do know when they have done something they shouldn't have! And it wasn't always to do with the caretaker's tone of voice. The one who ate the bag of treats...that dog's caretaker had a happy voice, but as soon as she showed him the chewed-up treats bag, that was a guilty dog! Smiley4
Smiley4 Dogs just can't hide their feelings can they. They get into things, but they know they shouldn't. A cat would pretend that they don't know what you are talking about. The dogs look guilty before anything is said to them.
Poor dogs, they are transparent.

Guinea pigs and snakes do not feel guilty no matter what they do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dogs do show the guilt, don't they?

My sister had a beautiful golden retriever called Cari (short for Cariad or darling in Welsh). Cari couldn't hide her feelings at all. She also took on everybody's guilt. One day they had come back from a trip to the supermarket and had just put all the shopping away when my sister noticed a pool of yellowish liquid on the floor in front of the fridge. Cari look so guilty that they automatically assumed she had pee'd on the floor and had a stern word with her. She slunk off to her bed with a very guilty look and demeanour. My sister then started to clean up the puddle only to discover it was orange juice that had leaked out of the new bottle in the fridge. Her husband had placed it on it's side on one of the shelves and the seal had not been good.
Poor Cari had taken the blame anyway!! She was compensated for her altruism with lots of her favourite treats and hugs.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I have seen that with cats. The two males always looked guilty, but the female had the missing food crumbs on her face. We figured it out when she had fish scales on her fur and the fish steaks were gone.
Don't ask me why anyone with 3 cats would leave fish out defrosting on the counter.Undecided
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine