Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruel experiments on baby monkeys
The university of Wisconsin was responsible for the cruel maternal deprivation studies with monkeys that were done in the 60's.

It seems they are at it again. This time they plan to take baby monkeys from their mothers and torment and torture them for awhile before they kill them. Where do these so called scientists get these ideas from and who gives them the money to do it?

It needs to be stopped.

https://www.change.org/p/university-of-w...2854w3MiiJ
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is horrific mindless and heartless. No 'progress' can possibly be gained by torturing another Soul. Only an ice-coldness of Heart in the perpetrators which won't lead them right at all!
I signed. It is unnecessary and horrible.
These experiments teach us nothing. I wonder about the people who do them. How sick are they.
I just hope public opinion can stop them.
Catherine

Me and my boyfriend both signed. I honestly don't know how these people manage to sleep at night.
"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede
This is the same place that did the maternal deprivation studies in the 60's. It was so cruel. Little baby monkeys were taken from their mothers and acted the way you would expect a baby to act under those circumstances. Angry

Why don't people ever study the effects of doing really good kind things and making efforts to make the world a better place. That would be a study that I would want to see.Heart

I hope our signatures stop these terrible experiments.
Catherine

Cruel and totally unacceptable. I just signed, too.
Yes that's a good point! Why don't the scientists come up with a new experiment -that of bringing happiness, meaningful social interaction, pleasure, joy and a good life -to the creatures they experiment on? To study the effects of having a totally happy life?
Why does it always have to be about deprivation, pain and suffering??
Quote:Yes that's a good point! Why don't the scientists come up with a new experiment -that of bringing happiness, meaningful social interaction, pleasure, joy and a good life -to the creatures they experiment on? To study the effects of having a totally happy life?
Why does it always have to be about deprivation, pain and suffering??

You sum it up perfectly. In fact why don't we do a Global experiment and see what happens to the whole world when we all try to be nice.
It has never been tried. Just maybe we might get some really wonderful happy results.

I am tired of hearing about cruelty studies.
Catherine

Monkeys have already discovered that! See "the hundredth monkey effect": http://www.theutopian.net/2013/06/03/100...-it-means/

Ironic that these obscene experiments are being carried out on baby monkeys....
I don't think I have heard of the hundreth monkey effect.
It certainly explains a lot. There are many scientific breakthroughs that happened in a number of places at the same time. Credit is given to whoever publishes first. Maybe we should give credit to all of them.

Something happens to cause knowledge to spread or occur all at once. I don't know if proof would ever be possible, but sometimes proof is not the answer. Better that we concentrate on the results.

If this theory works, then the internet would be a powerful tool. If enough of us are repulsed by cruel experiments can we get the whole world to reject them.

I think I will look for the book Lifetide, by Lyall Watson. I want to read more about the hundredth monket effect. It really does explain a lot of things.
Catherine