Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruel experiments on baby monkeys
Please do tell me what you find. I have never actually read the book! I have just read about the principle.
Lifetide is available from Amazon, but I am going to check the Library system first. I can bring in a book from any library in Toronto. The book sounds interesting.

Lyall Watson may be on to something. Knowledge does seem to spread too fast sometimes. I will let you know what I find, once I find the book.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There is an update to this petition here:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/10/03/ou...xperiments

I can't get the video to load properly yet, but others might be able to. (my computer hates certain videos)
It is a very good video. I hope you get to see it. They make the point so clearly, this study is archaic research that will teach us nothing and it is inherently cruel.

Maybe the students need to boycott the university. Do not apply to go there. If you are there transfer somewhere else. It is still early enough to drop out and get your money refunded(I think).
If it is too late for a refund, a student could declare their intention to not come back if the experiment goes on. It would be a sacrifice, but would you want an education from a place like that!

The only thing that will stop this is public pressure.
Maybe pressure could be put on the source of their grant money.
Catherine

Those are great ideas Catherine. No I would not want education from any place that supports such mindlessness.

The experiments are supposedly helping science more fully understand anxiety and depression which affects large numbers of people.
My thoughts about that are -no wonder so many people suffer from anxiety and depression! With attitudes like that at the helm of our healthcare, and many many other aspects of our lives!! They must feel the world is sometimes not worth living in.
Wouldn't it be more productive to test the affects of helping depressed people to have less stressful lives.
Use the grand money to buy nice things for depressed people. Seriously, if you used the grant money to give depressed people a spa vacation with good food, rest, fresh air and some pampering maybe there would be some interesting results.
It won't make them more depressed.

We already know enough about anxiety and depression and all kinds of negative things. We need to study positive things. A better study would be to treat the monkeys and moms really well and see how they respond.
Why don't they interview happy people and find out why they are happy. We all have stress, why are some of us still happy. That is the important question. Why isn't everybody depressed?
Catherine

There has been overwhelming opposition to this testing.
There is an update -with yesterday's date, here:

http://www.change.org/p/university-of-wi...date_email
An encouraging update, Tobi!
Yes it is encouraging.
We -and that means all of us -have power to force change. That is also good to know. Even if we can't go out, or can't move out of bed, we can make our feelings known, and change the world for the better many times.
It seems that the click of a mouse is very powerful indeed.

There is so much stuff in the link you posted. I want to watch the debate, but it is over an hour long and I am running late. I will have to catch up tomorrow.

We do have the power to force change.Smiley42
Catherine