Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally time to say hi. :-)
Hi all. 43

My name is Janay. I've already been posting on here for a while, but haven't really introduced myself properly up until now, mostly as my and my boyfriend moved home recently, and we've been quite busy fighting the "new home" chaos. Big Grin

I am 24 years old, and I live in the UK with my boyfriend and our two pet gerbils (who are basically our children) Smile I am a retail assistant. Me and my boyfriend also work as TV/film extras and modals. I am a strong animal/nature lover, and my other interests include aromatherapy and herbalism, spirituality.

I joined this forum in the hopes of meeting some fellow animal lovers (of course), and it's lovely to be here. Smile

Thanks for reading,
Janay

"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede
A big warm welcome Janay! I can tell immediately that you love animals. Bless you.

I am also interested in herbalism and have been for many years, since the 80s. What convinced me was a time I became seriously ill with an infection from a rose thorn scratch on my head. I had distressing reactions to the medicines I was given. They acted as serious toxins for me. Instead I adopted a very strict herbal regime, while eating nothing but apples and drinking nothing but water. In two days I was cured! Then I took up the study of herbal remedies.
Welcome Janay. You have come to the right place. We are all strong animal lovers and we have lots of other interests in common.

I have used herbal treatments for my animals. (Rosemary repels mites and is safe to use on tiny rodents like dwarf hamsters.)

I use essential oils. Right now I am mixing lavender and vanilla and the scent makes me feel good. It is calming and relaxing.

I have never had a gerbil, but I love the little guys. They are sweet.
What colour are your two?

Interesting that you work as TV/Film extras. A lot of films and shows are filmed in Toronto so I often get to see the process. It is amazing how much work it is to produce even one short scene. Have you done anything interesting?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't know Bamboo and white tea. I must look for it.
Juniper sounds good. It would feel woodsy.

I like citrus scents as well. They feel refreshing.
Adding a bit of lavender to the vanilla gives it a bit of a boost.
Catherine

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Janay.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
You have already made some good posts and I'm glad that you found the time to formally introduce yourself. Very best greetings!
Thank you guys. Smile

That is very interesting what you said about the way you treated your rose thorn scratch Tobi. I never would have thought of a regime like that - it must have given your body the detox it needed to flush the infection out. It's amazing how we help ourselves so well sometimes using only what nature provides us with.

My two gerbils or "gerbies" as my and my boyfriend prefer to call them Smile are both boys, one is brown and the other is white. I will definitely post their pics on here - I have loads on my phone, but I need to upload them to my laptop. Most of them are quite blurred, I've only actually got one decent focused photo of each of them. It's so hard to take decent pictures of my gerbies - whenever they're out of their cage, they're like fleas, springing around everywhere. Biggrinsmiley lol

As for TV extra work, we haven't done too much yet, as we actually only started to get into modelling/TV extra work 1 year ago. Smile Only a few small bits and pieces so far.
The most recent thing I did was for the film "Woman In Gold" (Ryan Reynolds, Helen Mirren) which is due to come out next year - I am an air hostess. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the main actors, as they weren't in the scenes we were filming.
And you're right Catherine - it's amazing how much time and effort goes into the making of each scene, before I started doing extra work, I had never really watched anything being filmed, so I never realized how much goes into it.

I would very much like to see pictures of your "Gerbie Boys"!
Are the pictures badly blurred? You probably already know this, but it is sometimes possible to enhance the quality of a picture using photo-editing software. And some of the free ones work quite well! It doesn't have to be "Photoshop".
Some pictures can be improved tremendously....it depends.

It must be fascinating to be an extra, in many ways. You get to see the inside scenario of the making of a film. Wow! You are in a movie! It is quite exciting.
That's a good idea Tobi, I thought about that aswell as I've used a few online editors before - but they're not just a bit blurry, they're REAL blurry, lol. I am determined that I am going to get some more decent focused pictures of them ... somehow. Smiley4
TV extra work is very interesting. I hope I'm lucky enough to get some more jobs soon, as it's a nice change from my normal job. What I would really love is if I could do something victorian/edwardian, just because I have always wanted to experience being dressed up like that. Smile

Lots of sweet furry avatars on here. I must ask now Catherine, because everytime I see your posts the pic always makes me smile - who is that gorgeous little guinea pig in your signature? Even my boyfriend said he looked sweet one night when I was reading a thread on here and he caught sight of him. Smile

The guinea pig in my signature is Robbie.
These links are the history, in pictures.
http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...hp?tid=277

http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...hp?tid=355

http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...hp?tid=408

http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...hp?tid=339

I just live here. They seem to make their own decisions about where to live and who to live with. Sadly the long haired white one just died of a heart attack.
Robbie is special...they are all special.

What is it about those of us who have rodents and small pets. Think about the names, Gerbies, Hammies, Piggies, even Hedgies and Ratties. We just need to call them cute names.
Of course your gerbie pictures are blurry, they never stop moving. The little guys are so hard to get good pictures of.
It is okay, we are used to blurry pictures.Smiley4

The whole film shoot thing is wild. I watched them do a car chase scene in my area. It might look fast later, but they were going so slow for the filming. It is creating an illusion and that takes work.

I shall watch for you when the movie comes out.
Do you get on an extras list and get called when they need a certain time of person?
Catherine