Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefighters to the rescue
It seems that the goodness of firefighters knows no limits. They actually rescued a group of hamsters from a burning mobile home and revived them with oxygen.

http://arbroath.blogspot.ca/2014/09/fire...evive.html

It also seems that they are prepared for anything. I love the little pet emergency guide. As a pet owner I find that a comfort.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am glad they saved the little things! I agree a "Pet emergency Guide" for the firefighters is a good book to have!

Wandering slightly off-topic...it is always good to know how to do CPR on our pets, and other first-aid. And to be so confident about it, that we can keep a cool head to do that in an emergency. I would like to know if there is a "Animal First Aid" book published. I haven't seen one, so far.
Quote:Wandering slightly off-topic...it is always good to know how to do CPR on our pets, and other first-aid. And to be so confident about it, that we can keep a cool head to do that in an emergency. I would like to know if there is a "Animal First Aid" book published. I haven't seen one, so far.

I haven't seen one, but we should look. Maybe bits and pieces of first aide have been published in different books. An actual general animal first aide book would be more helpful. Many people have more than one kind of pet. Also you never know what kind of animal or animal emergency you might encounter.

If I find such a book I will do a post about it.
Catherine

Wonderful!
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Did you notice that they had oxygen masks small enough to fit a baby hamster!
That is being prepared for anything.
Catherine