Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell French Connection to stop selling Angora Wool
Important update: victory on this issue! Here is part of an e-mail I received today:

"Take Action
100,000+ Took Action, and French Connection Listened!
Angora Victory

After receiving more than 100,000 e-mails from supporters of PETA and its international affiliates, U.K.-based retail giant French Connection announced that it has committed to banning the sale of all products made with angora wool. French Connection joins dozens of other companies—including Gap Inc., Lands' End, QVC, and Express, Inc.—in banning angora. This just shows that, when the public speaks, even major corporations listen, so please ask J.Crew and Ralph Lauren to drop wool immediately.
Let's Do It Again"

(Quote ends)
I am so very very pleased to hear this news.
I hope the people who produce Angora take heed and stop their cruelty.
Is there a cruelty free way to produce Angora?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm sure that it is possible to cut gently and not too short with scissors, but of course the rabbit would wriggle. It is not an easy thing to do, by all accounts, so that is why cruel people chose to rip the fur off quickly and painfully. Speed = more money; never mind the severe pain and the cruelty. I understand that most of these terrible angora farms are in China, as there are no animal protection laws there.
Quote:I'm sure that it is possible to cut gently and not too short with scissors, but of course the rabbit would wriggle. It is not an easy thing to do, by all accounts, so that is why cruel people chose to rip the fur off quickly and painfully. Speed = more money; never mind the severe pain and the cruelty. I understand that most of these terrible angora farms are in China, as there are no animal protection laws there.

There is a lesson here. If an animal product comes from a place that has poor animal protection laws, then there is probably cruelty in there somewhere.

The hair could probably be clipped or brushed out gently. It would cost more, but the cost of the cheaper stuff is much higher.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine