Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrific Animal Hoarder Situation
It is not just the hoarding. I sounds like she kidnapped the animals.
Not of them were being properly cared for.

I have quoted the page because I couldn't get it to post properly without taking you to my email inbox(not a good idea)
Quote:Recently, IDA's Hope Animal Sanctuary rescued 27 animals - one of the cruelest hoardings we have ever witnessed.

Tormented images are still etched in our minds...

A MOMMA CAT, with her only single, surviving kitty, locked away inside a filthy crate and TIED TIGHTLY BY A WIRE around her neck, to a side wall, so tightly that her head couldn't move.

Dogs – and cats! – IN CHAINS, with flesh-cutting wire tightly coiled around neck collars - just skin and bones, dehydrated, with water just out of reach.

After this harrowing, hoarding rescue in Mississippi, 27 animals NOW urgently need post-traumatic treatment such as:

Food, water, medical care, homes - life saving LOVE for these lost and forgotten animals...

Donate and deliver urgent care TODAY to survivors of an animal hoarding rescue, successfully implemented in Attala County, rural Mississippi.

Hearing about a dire, hoarding situation, the director of HAS, Doll Stanley, and her team raced over to the hoarder's property with a court order, and they unchained one suffering animal after another! With every rescue, a promise was made - to give each being a better life without hunger...without cold...without fear...without chains!

In Defense of AnimalsIf you had been present at Attala, I know you would have felt the same!

In fulfilling our promise to each animal - dogs, cats, and one lone potbellied pig - we provided food, clean water, and medical attention.

After so much abuse, these sad-eyed souls will need on-going veterinary care - Please, if you can, donate to help them.

For any IDA member who has ever lost a friend - not knowing where, why or what happened to a beloved animal companion - a gift to these 27 souls becomes a living symbol of your beloved! Why? Because the dogs we rescued from Attala were breeds common to human families - most were not street dogs. Another aspect of this seizure that we plan to investigate!

"Mrs. W," the hoarder, reported her story to the sheriff: she called out to these animals. Attracted by her call, one by one, they approached her van. Scooping them up, she loaded them inside, then sped off. She drove them back to her twisted, hoarder's compound—CHAINED-UP like living trophies.

If YOU'VE ever lost an animal friend - in a KIDNAPPING, perhaps - you probably had feelings of rage, sadness, and hopelessness!

So, we are making a promise TO YOU that we will turn over every stone...and follow every lead...until EVERY "lost companion" is reunited with their rightful family.

For those without a home to return to, they will be adopted out or provided a safe haven inside Hope Animal Sanctuary. Until every sweet face is encircled by loving arms - we will not rest.

A Hellish past cannot be undone (at the hands of an Attala hoarder), however, you can give each sorrowful soul a bright new future of health and freedom.

In Defense of AnimalsHaving suffered far too long, your donation (as generous as possible), makes each new life a reality - so please give now - click here.

Thank you, in advance, for your gift - a symbol of your love and compassion - to all 27 brave survivors of this horrific, hoarding episode.

Marilyn Kroplick, MD

Marilyn Kroplick, M.D.
President, In Defense of Animals

P.S. Your gift – of whatever amount – gives hope. And I'll also update you on their journey in reuniting with their families ...helping to erase a horrific past. Thank you, with all my heart, for funding 27 bright, new lives.

IDA is involved in many projects to protect animals' rights, welfare, and habitats. Money contributed to IDA supports ALL of our worthy programs and gives us the flexibility to respond to emerging needs. Thank you for your support and consideration.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a terrible case. The woman who hoarded these animals is clearly mentally sick. I couldn't even understand what she was saying on the video. Sounded like "Poppa, poppa!" or something like that.
If she did kidnap these dogs and cats, as the story seems to say -then I just hope those animals were microchipped and can be returned to their previous caretakers. Is it too much to ask that animal control will cross-check descriptions and details of dogs and cats reported missing in the past??

It does sound as if the lady has a mental problem of some kind. She could apparently not even see or understand the cruelty they were all suffering.
She did deliberately go out and grab the animals. Very likely they were not even lost.
For some strange reason she is yelling at them to "Read the Bible" so there is some weird religious reasoning behind her actions. She is clearly mentally ill, but how horrible for animals to be caged without food and water(what she gave them doesn't count).

The scary thing is knowing that there are probably others out there like her. They get a twisted idea about helping animals that is really very cruel.

I am just glad they rescued them in time, at least some of them. I am sure there were dead ones around.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine