The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal 'Hospice Care' -a new approach.
Dr Lynn Hendrix -with Beloved Pet Mobile Vet in California, has concentrated on end-of-life (or "Hospice" care) for beloved animals. She recognised that many veterinarians were either focused on conserving life....or euthanasia, but there was very little offered in the way of hospice consultation.
Her work bears both the animal's and caretaker's welfare in mind.

I feel this is quite important, as in my own experience, vets are not always geared to providing end of life care. It is often left to the caretaker to make important decisions, which can be a heavy burden on some, and can even prolong grieving, if it is felt the wrong decision was made. Depending on circumstances, an animal in end-of-life care can have a gentler and more gradual end to their life, with decent quality of life. It is not always a "black or white" situation.
(What mattered very strongly to me just after Misty passed was that I had not one regret about her care or treatment.) So many people do not have this.

Read about Lynn Hendrix and her work here:

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/learnin...e?pageID=1

Messages In This Thread
Animal 'Hospice Care' -a new approach. - by Tobi - 10-12-2014, 09:56 AM