Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news for Rhinos
I just read a post by the Humane Society International about the success of their education campaign to help Rhinos by reducing the demand for their horns. This is good news. If the demand goes down the market for poached rhino horns goes down.

Humane Society International:
Survey says: Our campaign is working! Polls show a whopping 38% drop in demand for rhino horn in Viet Nam – the world’s largest consumer of it – since we launched our public education program one year ago. Read more: http://bit.ly/1wNtBuW
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh I am so glad to hear this news. Many people cling to 'tradition' because they don't think about it and don't know any better, but once they start to think, they have freedom of choice. I am happy to hear the campaign has had positive results so far. Let's hope for a complete ban one day soon!
If you think about it, Rhino horn is really just the same as fingernails. So biting your own nails will be just as medically beneficial. Wait a minute, biting your nails is not medically beneficial, so...rhino horn is not beneficial either.

If the world would learn to think, many problems would be solved.Smiley43
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine