Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been away
Ok so unfortunately for the dogs at the shelter I had to take a break because of weather and because of school. The shelter doesn't have a place I can work with the dogs indoor so I have to work with them in the yard and it's been very cold lately. But the weather is getting better so I should return soon to help Crazy Eddie and the others. I've some what resolved myself that of Crazy Eddie doesn't have a home by the time I get married I will take him. I know my soon to be husband would be more than happy to take in Eddie. He has been dying to have a dog and my 3 would be staying with my parents unless Mia comes with me it's really a toss up. On my work situation.

So school. I have finish my very last test and now I am just wait to hear back the grade on it. Fingers crossed that I did fantastic. Then I can get my certificate and actually do this for a living. I have so many people asking me to help them with their dogs but with school taking up so much time I don't really have the time. The next step will be to start up a business or find a place that will hire me. I'm leaning towards starting my own business but it all depends on money and time. Websites, advertising, start up money it's all things I need to do research for. I actually have a friend willing to help me run my business but I have to get it up and running before she could be of any use because she would act as more of my secretary. It's exciting and nerve racking at the same time.
I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you are doing.

I am glad to hear you are almost done your program. It will be great when you can get out there and do what you do best.
I am sure you will eventually have your own business. It would be great if you can start out right from the beginning running things yourself. You have a real gift for helping dogs and it would be good if you could do things your way right from the start.
I agree it is scary at first. There is so much to think of.

Web sites are not too expensive and the hosting fees are better than you think. Can you work from home at first or do you need an actual site to work with the dogs.

Crazy Eddie must miss you while you have been busy. I think you are his only real hope. Maybe his name should be changed.
Calling him crazy makes people see him as crazy. Call him Lucky Eddie. That seems like the name of a fun dog.
I am glad you are willing to take him if he doesn't find a home.

I wonder if Mia would rather be with you. You have always been her special person. How is she doing health wise.

Would Eddie and Mia get along?

Keep us posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It will be a lot to get everything up and running and once I decided on how to run things. I would start out working from home but would eventually need an office and eventually a building. I'd like to create a doggie mall. Catering to dogs with an indoor and outdoor dog park, grooming, kennel, a shop to buy dog toys, leashes, dog food...ect., even a little bakery, and of course dog training. We have a lot of abandoned strip malls showing up and it would be nice to turn one into something useful. But that's my end goal I need to start small.

Honestly once Eddie gets his personality comes out and he's not scared he is pretty wild, crazy, and goofy like a miniature pincher so his name kinda fits him just not in the mean crazy way. I've just always known him as Crazy Eddie I don't know that I can think of him as anything else. Mia would get along with Eddie just would have to test it the other way around. Don't know if Eddie would get along with her. From my understanding he's caused a few fights in his time so I would have to be careful if I had both of them with him being so much smaller. Besides my step dad really has fallen for her so even if my mom wanted me to take her I don't know that my step dad would want me to take her.

Mia got along with the dog I found over a year ago around Halloween. She liked the little Shih tzu my neighbor ended up taking. Which he is doing great as well, Tinker. I still see him from time to time.

Mia is doing great no symptoms or anything. I can tell it has taken a toll on her though she's starting to show gray in her face much faster than the other dogs. Buddy didn't start getting white until he was 7, Molly it's hard to tell if she even has gray hairs cause she has white around her face already. It's crazy to think we've had Buddy since November 2003, Molly since January 2007, and Mia since May 5th, 2011. They were all around a year when we found them. So Buddy just turned 13, Molly is 9, and Mia is close to 6.
I love your plans. I could see it working out. You start with the basics, working from home and you expand as you are able.  It would be amazing to have a strip mall set up for dogs.  You have accomplished a lot so far. I think you are the person to do it. It is going to be so exciting to see how your business grows.

I can see how Crazy Eddie works as a name, as long as it is meant in a loving way. I know you see Eddie  and recognize his good points.

You are right, Mia has settled in with your Mother and step father. She has settled in with the other dogs. You would still visit her. Maybe she would be better where she is.
I am glad her health is good. You have done well to stabilize her. Keeping the three dog friends together would be good.

It is amazing how time has flown. It seems like just yesterday you took Mia in and now look how many years it has been.
I am glad Buddy and Molly are doing well.

Keep us posted on your plans and do let us know how Crazy Eddie is doing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hi Libby!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]