Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 Puppies found in a field
Out in a field in Saskatchewan, a hunter found twenty abandoned puppies. They were all cold and hungry and young.
He rescued them all and the North Battleford Humane Society has taken them in. They will be fed and vaccinated and when they are ready they will all go to good homes. This could have ended badly. There are coyotes in that area and they would have killed them.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/06/hun...aslyn-sask

Three cheers for the man who saved the puppies.
I hope someone reports the person who abandoned them.

http://www.battlefordshumanesociety.com/index.html
Three cheers for the local humane society. They are not a really big place, but they are providing care for all the puppies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It was so good they were spotted, and saved in time! How could anybody DO THAT??
There is a good shelter in the area, so why not drop the puppies off at the shelter. I will never understand some people. I am sure they are watching for who ever did it and the puppies are safe and will all find good homes.
Ironic that it was a hunter who found them.
Catherine

The first link leads to the pet safety article again Catherine.
I have corrected the original link. I usually check a link, but I had a breaded dragon on my shoulder and he was a distraction.

I found another article that has pictures of the puppies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/06/...40530.html

They were so young and very lucky little pups.
Catherine

Aren't they beautiful? I had read of this story somewhere a few days ago...but it might have been Huff post....can't remember now.
They look like German Shepherd/Labrador cross perhaps. But one or two look as if they could have Border Collie in them. They are just so young to be separated from their mother (mothers) -as 20 pups would be too much for one mother! I bet their mothers were grieving the loss of them....
So sad, but with a happy outcome. I hope they will all find good loving homes.
They think it is three litters. There must be age differences because they list an age range for the puppies. I hadn't thought about the mothers. I wonder what happened to them?

The puppies will find good homes. They are in a good shelter. If they can't find homes locally, they can be sent to another shelter. The shelters are really starting to cooperate on adoptions.

I wish the moms could have good homes. If they are still with the guy who abandoned them, then they do not have a good home.
Catherine

I came across an update about the puppies.

This video is of Lily in her new life.

If all the other puppies have done as well then the whole story has a happy ending.
Catherine

Oh what a happy ending for Lily!
She has such a beautiful face. I hope the other pups also found happy homes.
I am sure they will post other videos. I will watch for them.

Out there somewhere are the people who abandoned the puppies. I wonder what they think. They meant the puppies to die and now they are getting all that media attention and they are finding wonderful homes. Also they don't want to get caught because they will be charged.
Catherine