Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military research uses live animals
Thumbs Down 
I would say, don't read this if it will bother you. I am posting the article in case anyone wants to know. I wish I didn't know, but I can't unknow and maybe the knowledge will be useful in helping animals.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hor...00-2951774

I feel sick that there are people who do such things.Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I daren't even read it. For some reason I'm too sensitive to all these things at the moment. But that doesn't mean I turn away and ignore it.

We should sign petitions left, right and center about any issues like this. Petitions can make great changes, and often do, according to the updates which come in to my email inbox, about petitions I have signed.

All I can say is PLEASE EVERYONE make sure you always know exactly where your loved ones are. With some animals, such as cats, I know it's hard. But with dogs -never ever let them out of your sight, unless you know they are securely locked in at home, or with people you trust.
NEVER EVER park them tied up outside shops.
(sorry to be bossy, but I just had to say all that. I continually see dogs tied up outside my local superstores.)
I often scan the doglost.co.uk website, on the lookout for any lost dogs in my area, and have joined in searches for missing dogs a few times, and put up posters.

But some never return. Some are stolen for research, among other motivations. I would honestly rather my dog died than had been stolen.
I posted a warning because it is bad. If I find a petition about this issue I will post it so we can sign it.

I worry when I see a dog tied outside a shop. It would take so little for someone to take the dog and you just never know what will happen to them. The not knowing would be unbearable.Undecided
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine