Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goat Survey
Hi all! I am currently studying at university in the UK and would really appreciate to hear people's view about goats.
Here is the link for my survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NTL233H
It is for one my of assessments, and all the responses are anonymous.
I hope you take the time to complete my survey.
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! I have completed your survey, but I can only repeat the advice I previously gave you via personal message on another forum: some questions require comparison of goat meat with other meat, so answering all the questions is difficult. There are people who do not eat meat at all (for example myself and another admin on this forum), so perhaps the odd question could do with some tweaking.

My very best wishes to you with your survey and I wish you every success with your studies.
I see you have your survey up and running on the Forum. I hope it helps you. Do tell us more about your program and why you are doing a survey about goats.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A very warm welcome LCP!

I am about to have a look at your survey and hope I can be of some assistance with your research.

I don't eat meat either, so I guess I should leave that question blank?? Will that be okay?

Oh I see. There were "other" options.

It was hard for me to give useful answers as my viewpoint is radically different from many peoples'. I don't eat meat and don't agree with farming/husbandry methods, particularly the 'surplus males' situation which seems to happen with every creature including chickens. The males are given the awful option of either being exterminated instantly, or waiting a while to be exterminated!
I know it is a complex issue, and beyond this thread's requirements. But I was stumped at some of the questions as I view it all from a different angle.
Quote:I know it is a complex issue, and beyond this thread's requirements. But I was stumped at some of the questions as I view it all from a different angle

Maybe the survey needs to expand to take in the vegetarian view. Many goats are used to produce milk, cheese and yogurt. If you use those products you should be able to answer most questions(I think).
Catherine

The meat comparison questions and those regarding milk and cheese could easily be tweaked by having an extra option, "I don't eat meat" and "I don't eat milk and cheese". That way, even vegans could fill in the survey more easily.
Yes I agree, those options would have made it easier for those who don't eat meat/dairy.

Goat's milk is becoming popular especially for those who have a dairy allergy (cow's milk). I have heard quite a few advertisements for it recently on Classic FM.
There are some really good, organic commercial dairies for goat products in my area. I get great goats milk yogurt and milk and cheese to. There is goat meat because we have such an ethnically diverse population, but it is the dairy products that most of us use.

I don't remember yogurt on the survey.
Catherine

I guess I will go have a look at the survey. I know a little about goats and after reading these posts I am curious.
I hope the OP comes back and reads your suggestions!!
Funny thing, while I do raise goats, I must say not a fan of goat cheese. I had it once and maybe it was not the best quality, but it kept reminding me of my bucks "musky scent" which I don't find terriby appetizing. Maybe I should try some again and get a high quality cheese. I see they use it a lot in cooking shows on t.v.
Also, believe it or not, I have never had goat milk! I do know though it is full of nutritious goodies.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:Funny thing, while I do raise goats, I must say not a fan of goat cheese. I had it once and maybe it was not the best quality, but it kept reminding me of my bucks "musky scent" which I don't find terriby appetizing. Maybe I should try some again and get a high quality cheese. I see they use it a lot in cooking shows on t.v.
Also, believe it or not, I have never had goat milk! I do know though it is full of nutritious goodies.

That's funny. I just assumed that you drank goat's milk. It is very good for you. The yogurt is taste, but a little sharper than cows milk. If you flavour it and add sugar/honey it would be good.

I love the cheese. It does depend on where it is from. Some is dryer and some creamier. It is great in an omelette. Of course I like blue cheese omelettes. Maybe it helps that I have never smelt a male goat.

It would be good if someone with goats did the survey.
Catherine