Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Dogs----a crime in Iran
If this goes through it will be an animal welfare disaster. Many dogs would be abandoned. Many would be killed outright. What is with people who don't want anyone to enjoy life. Having a pet would mellow a lot of people. Dogs make people happy. I can only conclude that the people pushing for anti dog laws are very unhappy people.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/no...pets-islam

Let us hope that common sense prevails. If not there will need to be a massive dog rescue.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have a few choice words I'd like to say to that lot.....but I diverge...

This is a terrible situation, not only for the dogs, but for the caretakers of dogs there, who will love them. Options for those who have canine family members? Get the heck out of that country?

The only other possible idea -and that will stretch welfare groups, already stretched to the maximum by crises with stray and abandoned animals in many countries -would be to set up an adoption centre, for the dogs to be adopted abroad. Someone is going to have their work cut out to implement this however.

I read somewhere that there is guidance in the Qu'uran that Muslims should be kind to animals, and many instances cited where there was compassion. But it seems not all adhere to the words of the Prophet entirely....
Humans lashed for having a dog? Presumably a dog cull, involving thousands being shot or otherwise killed? Mass graves? I can't see the Iranian government agreeing to animal welfare groups from abroad taking all the dogs (even if that were physically possible).

I just hope that this cruel and silly proposal will not be adopted.
It is quite heartbreaking actually. I also hope it will not occur.
I fear the worst. There could be mass killing of dogs. There could be mass killing of their owners.

Have you noticed that counties that treat animals well are good places for humans to live. Countries that treat animals badly are bad places for people to live. Dogs bring out the best in us. These people want to do bad things, so it makes sense(in a twisted way) to reject dogs.
They pick and choose what parts of their religion they want to follow.

I fear they will not let dogs be taken to safety. They won't let humans be taken to safety.Angry
Catherine

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" – Immanuel Kant

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself" ― Josh Billings

"I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it"
 – Abraham Lincoln
That sums it up perfectly.

There is a direct link between a healthy attitude towards animals and a healthy attitude in general.

I just hope they do not do anything horrible. However I will not be surprized at anything they do.
Catherine

(11-09-2014, 02:35 AM)LPC Wrote: "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" – Immanuel Kant

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself" ― Josh Billings

"I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it"
 – Abraham Lincoln

I couldn't have said it better myself, LPC.
In my opinion, they are helpers for us to learn love and compassion. They do their job wonderfully. Who isn't moved by the relationship with loving animals?
Those who reject such Souls for man-made doctrine, are missing so much about the nature of selflessness and love, which if adhered to, will surely take us to spiritual knowledge.

I guess one day -in this world or the next -they will find out.....
When dogs and cats way back in ancient prehistoric times, choose to share their lives with us, I am sure they made us better people.
You can judge a society now by how it treats animals.

I think those who reject animals and are cruel to them are very limited in their growth as spiritual beings. The fact that people around the world are discussing this is a sign that people are growing and improving.
Catherine