Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess who likes snow?
It seems that the giant Pandas like snow. Just look at how he plays and rolls in it. This is his second winter here so it is more than just a novelty. He actually likes it.

He is more playful than the Polar bears.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

He certainly does love it! It's good to see him enjoying himself so much.

My other dog, the Jack Russell, Toby used to propel himself along on his side through snow, and along ice-slides. He absolutely loved snow! This reminds me of him!
The Jack Russell next door likes snow. Some animals just love rolling and bounding through snow. Of course Pandas roll in snow. They are not much at bounding. They are just big fuzzy roly poly plush toys.

I notice he likes to roll in his bamboo. He took the whole bundle down the hill with him. I get out to see the Pandas when I can and the male is usually outside. He really likes it here.

Of course snow is fun at first. After months and months the novelty wears off. At least it does for me.Smiley4
Catherine

Wild pandas live in snow. It does look fun! Where did he come from?
Yes Pandas do have snow, where they come from.

I love snow and have been known to roll in it myself Big Grin
Especially when I slip on it, or fall off a gate I am climbing over, or (as on one occasion -and this when I used to live in SNOWdonia) jump from the roof of a house willingly into a ten foot snowdrift! lol ....long story....
This Panda is from a Panda sanctuary in China. He is part of Panda conservation program. I do not know all the details of Chinas Panda program, but they have breeding pairs on loan to certain zoos. They will be five years in Toronto and five years in Calgary. It is hoped that there will be at least one baby.

Canada had to pay a lot of money for this, but the money helps fund Panda research and conservation. They set up a big Panda information centre along with the Panda display. It is a great opportunity to educate people about Pandas.

Snow is great until you have had many months of it. I know how much fun it is. Jumping into big drifts is great. Snowshoeing and skiing are great.

Slogging through knee deep snow, day after day for months, just to get to work, that loses its appeal after awhile. Trust me on that.
Catherine

He certainly loves the snow.
I wonder if Canadian snow feels different to him than Chinese snow. Maybe snow is just snow, but I love to be able to ask him!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Quote:I wonder if Canadian snow feels different to him than Chinese snow. Maybe snow is just snow, but I love to be able to ask him!!

The Inuit in the high arctic have over 50 words for snow. So if you live in the land of ice and snow you might need to be more aware of snow conditions. However, I think from a Panda point of view, snow is snow and it is fun.
I think they are picky about their bamboo and they have to be offered different kinds to be sure that they keep eating well. Maybe Pandas have multiple "words" for bamboo.

I am glad they like the snow because there is plenty more where that came from.Smiley4
Catherine