Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
Here is an article I found on his estate and what he wanted done with his ashes:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016...ed-in-bali

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I was just reading about that earlier today. You beat me to the post.

I wonder why he wants his ashes scattered in Bali.  Any thoughts on that?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm not sure but he probably loved it there and wanted to be there for eternity.

I don't know that much about Bali.  David Bowie must have had some kind of connection to it, but it does seem rather random.
Catherine

I don't know what his connection was with Bali. Eventually the news may tell it. I am having a DB party tonight with my pets. Listening to David Live right now, a cd I've had for quite awhile. I got the Blackstar Cd today and listening to it. Lazurus is the best song in my opinion. It is different but then so was Bowie which makes him rather special.

It is great that you are having a DB party. Sometimes you need to celebrate things, especially if you have a new CD to listen to.

I once did a Yuri Gagarin party to celebrate the first astronaut. We made pizza and watched a Sci-Fi movie. 

Enjoy your music and your celebration. I am sure the birds like the music and of course Suzy likes anything you do with her.
Catherine

Yes, the birdies were singing to his music, they love music.

I have nothing that likes music right now. The doves don't seem to care. Maybe I am not playing the right music. I should spend a day testing out different kinds of music and see what results I get.

I am glad you all enjoyed your DB music. It is more fun when you share.
Catherine

Danny loves rock n roll and sings to it a lot.

The little cat I am looking after, Sally, likes music. I leave Classic FM on for her in her room, on a very very low volume. But When I whistle along to any of the tunes, she really loves it! I wish I could still sing.

Misty loved music too. Mostly classical, but she had slightly different tastes to mine, which introduced me to music I hadn't thought much about before.
There were one or two 'pop tunes' we both liked. Usually silly ones like Bruno Mars "The Lazy Song", but she quite liked Coldplay.....We both liked this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY
and this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gvofiXHbUI

But I have gone a bit off-topic. I hope David Bowie will forgive me (and Misty)