Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
I read the list and DB was just like everyone else as he did what he felt was best for him and his family. Did you know he is survived by a 15 year old daughter, too? His death must be especially hard on her. She is so young.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is sad that she lost her father so young.  I hope she has lots of family support.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I hope so, too. She has her mom, Iman, who must be hurting, too.

It is easy to forget when someone famous dies that they were also a person with a family who have suffered a personal loss.

When I lose a client on my job it is a sad thing for me. However it is nothing compared to the loss the person's children are dealing with. They have lost a parent and that is a deep loss on so many levels.
Catherine

Yes, losing a family member is very hard on the members and people who work with them. When you are close to a person day after day you become bonded to them. Then losing them is hard.

I am accepting that DB is gone now. It was such a shock to me at first. I couldn't believe it at first. Now he is somewhere else.

I am often close to a client so the loss is an emotional one.  However for a family member there are psychological levels to the loss. The person is a friend to me, but a parent to their children. Even if you do not like your parents, there is still a deep loss on some level.

We all have famous people who are important to us. Depending on how they figured in our lives, the loss can be very deep.
I am glad you are coming to peace over the death of David Bowie. His loss was felt very deeply in the music community.
Catherine

Yes, DB was one of the all time greats and one of a kind.

Here is another guy I like a whole lot. I listen to his music often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocDpFVhyDw

Here is my favorite classical song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn2YGvIv0w

This is one of my favourite pieces. It is very mellow and fluid. I love hearing it.
Catherine

Glad you liked it. I have it set as my cell phone ring. Smile