Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
Why not have Christmas dinner every day until New Year? haha!
I once knew someone who had TWO Christmas dinners on the same day!
Now that's pushing it....and a little bit greedy! Rotating LOL
Quote:Why not have Christmas dinner every day until New Year? haha!
I once knew someone who had TWO Christmas dinners on the same day!

I have done the two dinners on the same day. It was the only way to make everyone happy. I pace myself a little better now. I am seeing different people everyday and I have had nice long phone calls each day to people in other cities. I got earphones for my cell phone so that it will be easier to talk longer.

I think a certain bunny is telling me that it is time for bed. Jumping on and off the bed seems like a bit of a hint to me. Smiley4
At least I remembered to cover the birds for the night.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I know it's a bit late - but Merry Christmas everyone. That video is so sweet, thank you Tobi. Smile Heart

I hope everyone here had a nice day. Me and Simon spent the day at home, just eating. Smiley4 lol

I know what you mean Catherine. Me and my boyfriend don't usually do much at Christmas - but I do still enjoy the atmophere at work/outside at Christmas time, and it's something that I like to enjoy right up until New Years aswell.

"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede
Well of course, we have the "Twelve Days of Christmas"....so that CAN mean 12 Christmas dinners... (now shut up and go away Tobi and stop thinking greedy thoughts!)
I guess I am working on the twelve dinners of Christmas. I am eating with different people each day. I am not eating that much, I am more enjoying seeing people.

Merry Christmas Janay. As you can see, we are still celebrating so you are right on time. Christmas is an excuse to be friendly and visit people. I enjoy certain Christmas foods, but it is the company that counts. We devoured a fruit cake this evening and I am sure it was the sharing that made it taste so good. It was a good home made fruit cake and the company of friends made it special.

I wish I had the week off from work, but no such luck. I got some time off, but the whole week would have been nice.
Catherine

(12-28-2014, 06:07 PM)Catherine Wrote: We devoured a fruit cake this evening and I am sure it was the sharing that made it taste so good. It was a good home made fruit cake and the company of friends made it special.

Finally someone else who likes fruit cake. It gets a really bad rap from some, especially on t.v.
I love fruit cake, myself. I bought one this year. The kind with tons of fruit and very little cake [though I must say I love both] and it was gone in no time!! [Image: 40.gif]
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Merry Christmas Platy. We are still calling it Christmas time. Some time late Monday we will start thinking of it being New Years.

Yes Animal Family, I like fruit cake. I prefer the really dark cake with brandy poured on it, but this was a very fine amber coloured fruit cake. Someone's mother made it and we all really enjoyed it.

Why don't people like fruit cake? We always made our cake in November and we let it sit in the cold room with some brandy. It was so good and moist. My job was always to sit and cut the candied fruit/ candied peel/ nuts and candied cherries. I could sit for an hour and cut it all very carefully. We all got to stir the batter before it went into the pans. That was a great cake.

I am glad you enjoyed your cake. I also had some Shortbread. Yumm!
Catherine

Shortbread never lasts.
I don't care for raisons, but all cooked up in a Christmas Cake is different enough for me to eat them.

Your dessert sounds like a summer delight of fruit. What is Brandy custard like. Is it a baked egg dessert or is it a cream pudding dessert?
Catherine

I'm imagining some brandied fruit cake with a dollop of brandy custard on top. Sounds yummy delicious in my head, lol!!!
Complimented with a nice glass of champagne. Now that's a great way to end 2014..........[Image: 0002019D.gif]
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
We used to do Brandy flavoured whipped cream(heavy cream whipped up until it thickens)and it was great on Christmas pudding and other desserts. Christmas is certainly a tasty time of year.
Catherine