Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Father's Day!
...A toilet which is not level is going to be a weird situation....but probably not as bad as a toilet on a boat! haha

I am a great fan of duct tape. Brilliant stuff. I quite like the white one....a totally impractical colour but slightly 'girly'. I admire you for laying a new sidewalk. That will be an interesting job.
I am not too bad really. I made a new hearth for the stove installed winter 2011. I had no spirit-level and used boards I found in the woods (part of an old treehouse which had collapsed)-to frame the area before laying the cement. That's what I mean about "Heath Robinson" jobs....
Anyway when the man came to fix the stove into position he told me it was very straight and asked who had built it. I said "Me!" and he said it was a good job. Wow.
I know my Dad would have been proud of me.
Misty was very bored with the hearth-building day. Once the cement had been mixed it had to be used at once. She lay patiently on the little bamboo sofa listening to classic FM as I worked, and sighed occasionally. By the time we could go for our second walk it was almost dark.
Quote:...A toilet which is not level is going to be a weird situation....but probably not as bad as a toilet on a boat! haha

It is a little odd, but I am used to it now.

I am not actually going to put in a new sidewalk. That would be complicated. All I need to do is patch the sidewalk and the foundation of the house. Of course I need some dry weather so it may be a while. We have had lots of rain.

I am impressed that you were able to put in a hearth. That would have to be done right so you must have some handyman skills.

I have never seen white duct tape. I just get the grey stuff. I patched my windbreaker with it. The duct tape is inside the coat so it doesn't show. It is great stuff.

I can understand Misty being bored with concrete work. It isn't much fun to watch and dogs are not very handy.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine