Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a very hot UK!
Weather bulletin from the UK.....Big Grin
A normal Autumn is in progress. In my area anyway. It's really rather nice. Chilly but not cold. Time to light the stove/fire and think about food! As it is getting dark around 6.30. Time to get logs in for the winter, and clear up the gardens. The apples are all in and the farmers have harvested the corn already (animal feed for winter.) The cows are still out cavorting in the fields. Squirrels have invaded my loft again; their sights set on a "des-res" wintering apartment. Little blighters Big Grin
I thought only people in Toronto had squirrels in their attics.Smiley4

It really is fall isn't it. The leaves are all colours and the wind is grabbing them right off the trees and making a multi coloured blizzard. The harvest is in and Pumpkins and squash are plentiful and cheap. I paid 87 cents for a big pumpkin. I am filling my freezer with a fall bounty.
The weather man did say flurries are on the way. I will need to dig out the winter clothes that I seem to have put away so recently.

Why does summer pass so quickly and the cold weather goes on forever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

No way!! Not flurries already???
It has been pretty mild here in the midwest U.S.
My garden is still going crazy. Picking tomatoes daily.
Not ready for winter by any means.
That means wood cutting, changing out the clothes, etc.
I was just saying the other day, if I had my way, I would wear flip flops and shorts all year long!!
As a matter of fact I went to the store on a chilly day last week. I was the only one in shorts but I did have on a sweatshirt, lol!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I saw a few flurries yesterday. It was cold, above freezing, but cold.

I wore flip flops to the neighbours this morning just to make a point of hanging on to summer things. It was cold though. Sadly no one is wearing shorts here now.

Halloween is around the corner and Christmas is in sight. I want a few more warm days. I still have flowers. The birds are still eating my berries, but I know they are doing it so they can fly south.

The only good thing is that it is soup season again.
Catherine

Yes I get squirrels in my loft. There's not much I can do about it as it's impossible to stop them. Just after builders came here and cemented everything....there they were again. They must have found one hole way up there, and widened it.
There is no way I can get onto the roof, nor into my loft. There is a tiny access hatch which even I can't get through, and I am skinny.
So I shall have to trust to something bigger than myself that the squirrels will not find any electric wiring to snack on up there.

I can't imagine wearing shorts right now where I am....but I am a wuss when it comes to cold legs! LOL! I am quite happy to wear a cotton vest so long as I have good pants on plus socks and boots!
I have seen cyclists wearing spandex shorts! Yikes!

87 cents for a pumpkin is a good cheap price. I suppose it's because of Halloween.....many will sell at this time of year.

On a doggy mode.....plain-cooked pumpkin is excellent to give to dogs, and a wonderful remedy for intenstinal problems, such as the runs or the opposite!

I need to organise my freezer, and do some soups to simply heat up on winter evenings.
I think pumpkins are so cheep because there are so many of them. They are every where, big pumpkins and small ones, round ones and lumpy ones, pumpkins are on every corner and every store.

I will bring more home tomorrow and make more soup.

I am with you, organize the freezer and get food ready for cold nights.

I am sure not wearing shorts. I dress warm because the mornings are cold. The sun is bright though.

When I finish making pumpkin soup I will make squash soup. On a cold night a proper soup and bread is enough.
Catherine