Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a very hot UK!
Quote:Just for the record, I didn't "poach" Jason from my MPOP. We exchanged a few PMs on another animal forum (not MPOP), and he asked if there were any other similar forums. I'm sure that he will be a valuable new member.

I had just encountered Jason on MPOP so I assumed that was were you met him. I think we all belong to a number of groups that overlap. Although I may be the only one of us who belongs to reptile forums.

I looked up1970 because I knew something must have happened. You may be right that the moon landings affected the growth of computers. I think I used a computer at the university as early as 1976. We typed stuff on cards and fed it into a reader. The computer was big. It had its own building.
In 1986 I used a small desk model of computer.
Now changes happen so fast that I don't even learn a system before they have a new one out.

We are very happy to have Jason with us. I am impressed that someone finally noticed the 1970 date on my file.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hello again Jason! Peter definitely made a good recommendation when he suggested ALWF!!
The people here are amazing.
Just as MPOP is my baby, ALWF is Catherine's.
I consider us all just one big happy family who happen to live in different houses.
So we just visit each others houses from time to time.
As I mentioned at MPOP I don't consider the sharing of members websites a threat, even though I know many forums do.
Catherine and I go way back and I consider her my sister. So even if you had been referred from MPOP, I would be thrilled to see you here as well!!
So a "well done" shout out to LPC for sending you here. He is indeed a very wise man. Smile
I know you will enjoy your time with this wonderful group. There is plenty here to see and do, so have fun and see ya 'round!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
We go all the way back to the old animal lovers forum. When I lost the old site, MPOP took me in and I couldn't have set up the current ALWF without Animal Family, Bock and MPOP's chat room.

Animal family and I are sisters for sure. I borrowed her daughter and her chat room. Sisters always borrow from each other. Sigh If only I could borrow a goat or two to eat my weeds.

We all like to visit each other's sites. There are different conversations and different people. It makes life interesting.

I like the idea that we are all family living in different houses. The image is perfect. It explains what we are.
Catherine

Ahhhh, the good old days, lol! It seems so long ago doesn't it?
Look how far you've come. The new ALWF is fantastic!!
You are an amazing person, Catherine. You jumped in with both feet and got ALWF back up and running in short order. I know you spent many nights burning the midnight oil to get the site back up, learning as you went.
Bock said she was so impressed with how quickly you picked everything up. You were truly a pleasure to work with.
As they say, everything happens for a reason!
We were all in the right place at the right time. I am proud to call you my sister and I am also proud to consider MPOP and ALWF sisters as well!!
You rock girl!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Thank you so much. If it hadn't been so late in the year, I would have seen a few sunrises.
Bock was great. She put things in simple terms and I just did things one step at a time. I still can't believe how she took the basic software and customized it to be the Forum we have today.
That is what makes it look classy.

We have been through some interesting times haven't we.
I think our sites are sister sites. They have a lot in common, but they are each their own unique entity. I think ALWF has been growing into its own focus since the first post. This is not the old forum any more. That was just a starting point.

When I got my first computer I had no idea I would do more than send a few emails and look up a few things. I had no idea about blogs and forums and a whole wealth of interactive things.
Mostly, I am thankful for the friends I have made and the sisters I have found.Heart
Catherine

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Jason
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Thank you, though it's not so sunny and hot anymore, winter is coming brrrrrr!
Animal Communication & Reiki at Talking to Animals
I think we are all feeling it. All of us except for those from down under.

We had our summer. I guess it is time to let someone else enjoy the sun.

I don't know if it will be a hard winter, but the branches on my Mountain Ash are almost breaking from the weight of the berries.
Catherine

Thanks platy, enjoy the sun!
Animal Communication & Reiki at Talking to Animals
Wow 35C and bush fires already. You are going to have a rough summer. Winter is almost your nice weather and summer is your unbearable season. Are you having drought conditions as well?
Catherine