Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Lucy
The flop over option is funny. Suzy had no plans to walk with socks or boots on. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

No, but sometimes I have put vaseline on her paw pads when it's very cold. That did help. This year I will not take her out when it's too cold. She has the pee pads to use and uses them.
The make something called "Invisible boot" that you rub on a dog's feet and it protects them from the ice and salt. It can't protect from the cold of course. You are wise to keep Suzy inside if we have a really cold winter. I am lucky, none of my pets goes outside. They prefer their heat lights. I think even the doves like their space. It is big enough and always has food and water and feels very safe.
Catherine

We always do have a very cold Winter here.
A cold winter is hard on a dog. It is a good thing that Suzy is small enough to manage inside.

It would be harder if you had a big dog. I wonder if anyone has thought of an indoor dog park. Maybe there are such things. Of course you would have to drive to the place and it wouldn't be free. We are lucky that there are special outdoor dog parks. An indoor park is asking for too much.

It isn't just the cold that is hard on us and our pets. The days are so short. I am sure dogs must miss the sun too. How does Suzy feel about winter?

Some of my pets actually hibernate, especially the Hognose Snakes. I plan to shorten their day length and cool them a little. I think a good hibernation will be good for them.
Catherine

I don't go to dog parks that are only for dogs. I go to a park that is for people and dogs. I'm afraid of Suzy catching something from dogs at a dog park. Suzy likes the snow and loves to jump around in it. I didn't know you had snakes. I'm scared of them.
The forum shows you posted a message but I can't see it for some reason.
We are having a bit of a software issue. Until it is sorted out we are going to have issues sorting out who posted and where the post is. I can't see it either. We are just going to have to check threads manually to see if there is a message and some may get lost. Our tech wizard is working on it, but it may take a few days. We had to do the upgrade because the makers of the software want to only support the new version. The old version has been great. I don't know why they needed to change it.

It makes sense to avoid dog parks. For a smaller dog it might not be safe and you are right about diseases. Not all pets are healthy and you could put you dog at risk. Plus those of us without dogs love seeing dogs like Suzy. It makes our walk better if we can a happy dog walking.

I have small domesticated corn snakes. They are pink and silver and peach/orange and a whole lot of pretty colours. Most people forget their fear when they see how pretty they are and how friendly. I had some of them at our local street festival and they loved it.
Catherine

Your snakes sound pretty. I guess I don't have to be afraid of all snakes. I'm going to take Suzy to the regular park in my city soon. They had construction going on but I saw on the news that they have finished. It's a nice park right on Lake Erie.
A walk by the lake would be pretty. I am sure you will both enjoy it.

My snakes are all harmless pets. I wouldn't recommend catching a wild snake and handling it. That snake would be scared and unhappy. My snakes love being with me. I raised many of them from tiny baby to full adult. Life with me is what they know and I work to keep them comfortable and happy.
Catherine