Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bailey and Danny
It will be sweet when they both can sing together. It is beautiful the way birds help each other. Danny is a gentle bird if he is helping Bailey to learn. I hope they stay bonded for life.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a lovely pair indeed.
I imagine their cooing and singing will be very soothing.
The only birds on the AnimalFamily farm are a few free range chickens.
When I come home from a long day and they greet me at the car [usually because they are ready for their corn, lol] they make the sweetest little sounds.
Happy little cooing noises. I could listen to it all day! Smile
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I love the thought of chickens running around and then coming to greet you when you come home. [Image: smiley-gen060.gif]

Birds singing is soothing isn't it. I love the sound of my doves. Even in the night little dove sounds are sweet.
Catherine

Oh yes they are bonded. They love each other. I listening to some parakeets on youtube and they all sound different. I think they make up their own sounds.
I suppose parakeet voices are unique just like ours are. After all they can imitate sounds so why wouldn't they make their own voice the way they want it.

Birds are more complex than we think.

My doves are sitting at the water dish together. I have never seen them do that. They are being quiet too. That is why I noticed them.
Catherine

That's nice that you have some doves. I think they are beautiful!
I have the little white and grey Australian Diamond Doves. They are much smaller than our North American doves. Even their cooing is a tiny sound. They are really bonded and Dora has tried egg laying. So far nothing hatched, but they are young and I don't think the eggs were fertile.
Catherine

(10-16-2015, 03:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: I have the little white and grey Australian Diamond Doves. They are much smaller than our North American doves. Even their cooing is a tiny sound. They are really bonded and Dora has tried egg laying. So far nothing hatched, but they are young and I don't think the eggs were fertile.
Aww..they sound wonderful. Lucy laid an egg last year but it wasn't fertile either.
Birds are always hopeful about an egg. Dora sat on it very carefully. When she wanted to eat, Virgil sat on it for her. I do hope they hatch out at least one chick some day. They put so much into it.
Catherine

Lucy wouldn't even sit on the egg. It was stuck in her and I had to pull it out.