Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Me In Australia.
It sounds like those birds are in a 5-star hotel! LOL!
They must be a beautiful colour display. Do they all get along well together?
Hi platy I'm in Victoria, Tobi they do bicker a little but most of the time they get along o.k.
I imagine a large group of birds is like a group of people. There would be lots of chatter, some disagreements and yet generally it would be a sociable group. Am I right?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

You're right the smallest birds the budgies are the bossiest,when my husband goes in the cage to feed them fruit the the budgies climb all over him and push all the others out the way. If I push some silverbeet in through the wire on the odd day they go crazy bickering over the same small piece when there is heaps laying around.
Just like a group of people. Why is it they fight over one piece of veggie when you have a pile just sitting there. Other animals have similar silly behavior. Why does a bearded dragon chase one cricket and ignore the ones just sitting there around them. I laugh when two guinea pigs each grab the same leaf and have a tug-of-war.

A whole aviary full of birds sharing food would have to be a series of interesting dynamics and funny interactions. Smiley4
Catherine

I once saw two Jackdaws eating the same worm. It was very funny, if of course it hadn't been painful for the poor worm! Neither one was willing to let go of his end, and they met in the middle.
That's great you have someone to help you with all the birds. I couldn't afford to have that many and not in an apartment either. lol. Do you have an avian vet? I have 2 I go to.
You are lucky to have an avian vet. Specialty vets are hard to find.
Catherine

A belated welcome to the forum, dear Catslave!
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com