Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condolances to French members
Some of the bigger cities have to take more precautions than usual. This is nothing new. The world or at least parts of it have dealt with different terrorist issues in the past.

Canada had a real problem in the late 1960s with FLQ terrorists. I won't go into detail, but we don't even think about them any more. We dealt with them and they are part of history.  Britain dealt with the IRA bombing things in the 1970s and later. Now that is part of the past.   Some day this latest crisis will be part of the past and we will have survived it.

My parents both served in the military in WW2. There were air raids and bombs falling every night and they just went to bed and ignored it.
The world has survived worse than what is happening now. It is good to be careful, but we still need to carry on as usual and not worry.

I am more likely to get hit by a car in the crosswalk than I am to get hurt during a terrorist incident. And yet I am not afraid to cross the street.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Excellent point Catherine!
I just look at it this way.
When it's my time to go, then I will go.
I don't know when or how that will be, and I can't live in fear of things I can not know.
Just live every day like it is your last. That's all you can do.
Every day we get in our cars [I know you don't drive, Catherine] we are taking a serious risk, and yet we do it without thinking.
Especially with more and more distracted drivers on the road these days.
I think the risk of dying in an accident is far more likely than being involved in a terrorist attack.
The end result is the same, but if we dwelt on that too much, would we ever leave our houses?
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I agree, we have to live our lives and not worry too much about the details.  I am careful about the things I need to be careful about. You put your seat belts on in the car. I look before crossing the street, even if I have the green light.

I just think my father had the right attitude. He slept through the air raids because sitting up worrying didn't make you safer. He was in the air force so he really did know the dangers, but he had no control over where the bombs would be dropped.

My mother was in her barracks and a bomb was dropped right on them...by parachute...and it caught in the branches of the tree outside.

I figure if my parents went through that and carried on, I can do the same.

What is the saying:  Keep Calm and Carry On.
Catherine

Yup Smile
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I hear ya!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
We will survive this the same way we survive everything else.
Catherine

(11-23-2015, 05:15 PM)Catherine Wrote: We will survive this the same way we survive everything else.

Yes, we will.

I think a positive attitude will do us more good than anything else.
Catherine

A positive attitude is a plus in any situation.

There is always a plus side or at least a way to make things work out. The world in in turmoil now, but that means the leaders are talking because they need to work together. Maybe this will bring about new levels of world cooperation.

Facing a common enemy and working together to save refugees will bring us all together.  Who knows what good the refugees will bring. Canada has a history of people coming here so this feels like a Canadian tradition.
Catherine