Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
I am glad you were able to get out and run errands. You will need extra rest to get over the effects of going out, but at least you got Suzy her treats.
She really is a treasure isn't she. Being home with a broken ankle would be so much harder without her to keep you company.
She just knows you need her and she is there to comfort you.

Pets are the best things we have in our lives.
Take it easy and enjoy Suzy's snuggles. You will be walking soon enough.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I slept all day yesterday and got up and went back to sleep on the couch till about an hour ago. I am starting to think that it's going to take more than 2.5 weeks for my ankle to heal. It doesn't look as bad as it did, it was swelled to the size of a baseball at first. It's still swelled and I massaged it a bit and felt where it hurts but it doesn't hurt bad. But I am getting pains all over my foot now.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It sounds like you are healing. I always takes longer than you expect. The swelling needs to go down before your foot will feel better. It is good that you can massage it. Things must be a lot better. You still need rest though. The more you stay off your ankle the better. Curl up with Suzy and some good music under a warm blanket and enjoy the rest. You will heal soon enough and all will be well.
Catherine

Thank you for your kind words Catherine. I guess it will be better when it is better. It won't take too long now.

The body has to heal on a whole lot of levels. You have a break and that is the obvious injury. You have bruising and that needs to heal. I am sure some of your muscles and tendons were stretched and need time to get back to normal. You are actually healing quite fast considering how much trauma there was.

Take your time, be good to yourself and your body will heal itself in its own time.

Give Suzy a snuggle for me.
Catherine

Thank you Catherine. Gave Suzy a snuggle. She had some poop hardened on her butt and I tried to cut it off with scissors but she ran away from me. So I didn't use the scissors but I pulled her fur off of the poop slowly. On the third try she held still for me and I was able to get it all off of her butt. She wasn't too happy wit me but I know she is glad that is gone because it was giving her problems.

Our pets know we mean well even when we have to do odd things to them.  No dog wants to have stuff cut off like that. Suzy is such a good dog that she let you pull it free.

If you have to be stuck at home with a broken ankle at least you have the best of company. The birds can sing to you and Suzy will sit with you. Just a few more weeks and you will be walking cast free. Winter and you cast will not be with us forever.
Catherine

Suzy's fur has gotten long. I usually have her groomed by now but my injury prevented me from taking her it to the groomer. I'm going to try to get an appointment as soon as possible in Feb. to take her in. Her long fur is why the poop got stuck to her. I took her for a short walk outside yesterday. She did her business okay without any problems.

Dogs do need to be groomed don't they. Would the groomer let you bring her over and do he right away. You could run a couple of errands and they go back home with a freshly groomed dog.  It would be harder if you had to drop Suzy off and then make another trip back to get her.

The less you are on your foot the better until it heals.
Catherine

When I take Suzy to the groomer I leave her there for a few hours and the groomer calls me when she is done. My foot really is a lot better but I still have a little less than 2 weeks at least in the cast. My ankle still is swelled. But nothing like it was when I first broke it. I'll be so glad to be cast free!