Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
You are doing well then. Two weeks is nothing when you think of how it felt when you first broke your ankle.

Your groomer is good. She doesn't keep a dog too long. If it is too hard to get out I am sure Suzy can wait another two weeks although there is nothing like a good clipping. I am almost ready for a clipping myself, but I can wait a couple of weeks more.

I am sure the swelling will go down eventually. Does it help if you elevate your foot.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I elevate my foot at times but then I forget to, too. It doesn't seem to help my ankle but it helped my foot.

I took Suzy to the groomer today and now she looks so cute!

[Image: sobCnvj.jpg]

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Heart Suzy is so cute. Heart
I bet she feels better.   Nothing feels better than a good haircut, even for a dog. She knows she looks good.

I guess the ankle swelling will go down slowly as the food heals. It should be soon. You only need to wear the cast a few more weeks.
Catherine

My ankle is doing a little better. I did some gentle stretches with it. Maybe I should wait till I see the physical therapist to exercise it, though. I'm becoming impatient I guess. Only about a week and a half with the cast unless the doctor says I need it longer. Thank you so much Catherine for caring and helping me get through this. You are a very special lady! Smile

You are welcome. I hope it has helped to be able to talk about it.

The stretches sound good. You must be improving if you can do stretches.
Castless walking is just a matter of weeks maybe even days away. Spring is just a little bit after that.

You and Suzy will be having fine walks together once the weather warms up.
Catherine

Yes, I can't wait to be able to get out to the park and take some good long walks with my dear Suzy.  Now my knee is acting up.  I get stabbing pain in it sometimes.  I took some anti inflammatories for it and it's feeling better.  That's my problem with walking.  I have to remember to take the anti inflammatory before I leave to go out walking.

Yes, it has helped me so much to talk about this accident and all it entailed.  I really appreciate your support!!  I don't know anyone who has cared so much as you. You are a blessing to all!!  Smile Heart

I think we need to be there for each other. When you are hurt or sick you are often isolated because you can't get out.

That is the time when you need people the most.
It helps just knowing that someone out there knows what you are going through.

I am glad we could help and I am glad that you are improving.
Catherine

Ruth, I'm sending you Love and Light, and best wishes for your healing.

Suzy is adorable.
Ruth, I am so sorry your knee is now bothering you as well. It seems like a case of "The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone..." and so on. Sometimes because of compensating for an injury, extra strain is put on another part of the body.
Alternating ice with heat in a compress round your knee might help a bit. I used to also get Comfrey Root, bring it to the boil, simmer 10 minutes, then get that into a poultice and keep it on until it got cold, and sometimes that helped heal things that were badly strained -especially ligaments.

Of course having a little doggy means you have to keep moving! (Gosh -do I remember?) In a way that is good. Most doctors nowadays tell you to keep gently on the move  -unless of course they tell you to REST!

I remember crawling about on the floor with bad sciatica. It was no fun. Eventually it did heal enough for normal life to come back.
I am sure you will be OK Ruth. You must be patient with your poor body, and things might get better soon. I hope so.

Anti-inflammatory gel can also help, but its effect is not as strong as taking the tablets. And keeping your knee strapped up and warm when outside.
(01-31-2016, 05:20 PM)Catherine Wrote: I think we need to be there for each other. When you are hurt or sick you are often isolated because you can't get out.

That is the time when you need people the most.
It helps just knowing that someone out there knows what you are going through.

I am glad we could help and I am glad that you are improving.

Heart Yes, I do isolate and often.  I went to the grocery store and took Suzy for a short walk.  I shouldn't be taking the cast off but I did again.