Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
(01-31-2016, 08:03 PM)cathie Wrote: Ruth, I'm sending you Love and Light, and best wishes for your healing.

Suzy is adorable.

Heart Thank you Cathie!  I really appreciate that!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
(02-01-2016, 04:24 AM)Tobi Wrote: Ruth, I am so sorry your knee is now bothering you as well. It seems like a case of "The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone..." and so on. Sometimes because of compensating for an injury, extra strain is put on another part of the body.
Alternating ice with heat in a compress round your knee might help a bit. I used to also get Comfrey Root, bring it to the boil, simmer 10 minutes, then get that into a poultice and keep it on until it got cold, and sometimes that helped heal things that were badly strained -especially ligaments.

Of course having a little doggy means you have to keep moving! (Gosh -do I remember?) In a way that is good. Most doctors nowadays tell you to keep gently on the move  -unless of course they tell you to REST!

I remember crawling about on the floor with bad sciatica. It was no fun. Eventually it did heal enough for normal life to come back.
I am sure you will be OK Ruth. You must be patient with your poor body, and things might get better soon. I hope so.

Anti-inflammatory gel can also help, but its effect is not as strong as taking the tablets. And keeping your knee strapped up and warm when outside.
Thank you Tobi for your advice and concern.  I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible but I still don't do that.  It's hard to sit still in the apt.  Took Suzy for a walk.  My knee is better today.

I am glad the knee is feeling better. Tobi is so right about one part effecting the health of another. In time everything will be well, but for now the ankle and the foot can be hard on the knees.  I like to put heat on a sore spot. At least it seems to take the mind off of the pain.

I am glad you can manage to take Suzy for a walk. You have been in for so long you must be feeling a bit of "cabin Fever".
You haven't been able to go out except for necessities. You got Suzy clipped. I bet it would feel good if you got your own hair done. Something social and fun for you would be great.

I think we all need a break this time of the year anyhow.  You just need it more because you have been in so much.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's actually the opposite knee that was hurting. I've been taking the anti-inflamatories for it and my ankle. I ran out of pain killers but the antis take away the pain, too. I hurt my knee in a car accident many years ago and sometimes it acts up. I was supposed to go to physical therapy for it but never did. I still may go to it for my knee, too.

I was having some cabin fever but today I don't feel like going out. Just want to rest. Shopped yesterday for a few things. I will get more later this week. Just enjoying the birds singing and the doggie laying next to me most of the time. My little family. Smile

I am not surprised that it is the opposite knee that is hurting. That is the let that is carrying most of the load right now.
I am glad something is helping with the pain. Old injuries do have a way of acting up years later. I am sure physio of any kind will help in the end.

Cabin fever comes and goes, but if you were out yesterday you might feel tired today. All you can do is rest when you need to and do what you have to. Healing is a slow process. You are making good progress.

Suzy is being a little angel to keep you company and give you snuggles. Angel
I am sure she would do more if she could.
Catherine

I went out today to the bank, and the drugstore and took Suzy for a short walk. I wore my cast outside today and I was able to get around in it pretty well. Since we don't have any snow right now I can walk in it outside easily. I didn't want to go out at first today but I really needed to get to the bank. So glad I went out. I got a diet coke to give me some needed energy.

If the snow has cleared you would be okay. I see people outside in walking casts.

Sometimes it is good that we have to go out. It gets us moving. I am sure Suzy appreciated her walk.

I wish I thought that winter  is over, but somehow I don't think so. You may be housebound by snow a few more days before spring comes.
Catherine

Yes, I'm sure we will have more snow. It is forecast for soon but it may not be much. Suzy loves taking walks and loves meeting people too. She doesn't like all dogs but she likes most people. She runs up to people outside and some will pet her and others won't. I have one of those retractable leashes that is about 25 feet long so she can run ahead of me. I just have to watch out for cars pulling into their driveways.

Suzy makes a walk a social experience. I love meeting dogs like her. I don't have a dog, but I love meeting dogs.
It gives you some good social contact too.
Those retractable leashes are good, once you figure out how to use them. I did have some problems when I walked a friend's dog.

I don't know about snow, but we are having a cold rain right now. If the temperature drops we will be having an ice rain.
If it warms up we will be really wet. It could go either way.

If it turns into a serious ice storm I might end up with a day off. Somehow I don't think it will happen.
Catherine

Hi Catherine. I took a day off from the cast even though it probably isn't advised. Thank you so much for being here for me. You are amazing lady!! Smile