Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
I am glad to help.  You must have needed the day off from the cast. Sometimes it is just too much to wear it every day.
You have done very well and your ankle is healing.

It can't be too many more weeks before you are cast free.  Any ideas how soon. Do they need to x-ray first? 

I know it seems like this has lasted forever, but you have almost made it. Just a little more and you will be healed. You can do it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you for the encouragement Catherine. I have less than a week left but he said it would be "at least" 4 more weeks so it may be longer. My ankle isn't healed yet and has a small dent in it. I tried to elevate it a lot the past couple of days. I even fell asleep on the couch with it elevated so that was some good elevation. I see the ortho. doc on Tuesday and we will see what he says. I think he may take xrays again, not sure.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You have lasted this long so a few more days and weeks will be worth it. Your ankle must be almost better. You have been getting around a bit.

Still when you get the all clear for cast free you are going to want to dance and do handstands. Maybe hold off on the handstands for a while.

I hope the new x-rays are good news. Keep us posted.
Catherine

I was dancing the other day with the cast off but don't tell my doc. please. lol. We will see what the doc says on Tues.

Tuesday is just a few days away. You can do it. I wouldn't tell the doctor about the dancing. I don't think they understand things like that. Sometimes you need to dance.

Suzy will be so happy when you can go for regular walks again. You will be so happy too.
Catherine

Saw my ortho. doc. today and got xrayed. He told me I can take my cast off while in my apt. but if I go out I am to put it on for 2 more weeks. He told me the swelling in my ankle would last for another 6 mos. I am to go back to him in 4 more weeks for xrays and possibly physical therapy. He also showed me an exercise to do for my foot and ankle. What I do is write the letters of the alphabet in capitol letters with my foot in the air. I don't have a pen in my toes, though. lol

I am really tired. I couldn't sleep well the past few nights. I will be back soon to do some more posting. Gotto get some sleep.

I am glad your ankle is making progress. Even being without the cast while inside is a bit of a relief.

I did not realize that the swelling would last so long. At least now you know that it is okay that it is still swollen.

Good luck with the exercises. With time your foot will grow stronger.

Get lots of rest and get well soon.
Catherine

My foot still doesn't feel right. Well, this is the first time I've had a broken ankle so I have nothing to compare it to. It just aches some but I suppose it is from using it now without the cast indoors. I haven't gone out since Tuesday and it's way to cold to walk Suzy now. It's going to be 8 degrees tomorrow for a high. I want to go shopping for apples and bananas and some veggies. I may wait until Sun. or Mon. I hate being out of fruit, though. I often get a taste for something sweet.

I think it is normal for something broken to ache even a long time after it heals. It will get better slowly.

I hear you about the cold. It is bitter cold outside right now. I can only be out a short time before I feel the effects. It is easy to get frostbite on days like this.

I don't think Suzy wants to be out in this cold.

I hope it warms soon.
Catherine

No I haven't taken Suzy out in this weather. She has been using the peepads faithfully. I took a chance and went out this evening without the cast and in my winter boots. I didn't fall like my doctor was afraid I might do again outside. I got some good groceries.