Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
I had to get some veggies for the guinea pigs. I can use frozen, but they need fresh. I got a big bag of broccoli crowns. So I made a cheese and broccoli sauce for some left over pasta. The piggies will be eating broccoli all week.

I hope you could get what you needed. Winter is tough enough without a broken ankle.

It is supposed to warm up a bit, but so far it is cold. We will all be glad of some warm weather, especially Suzy. She must really wish it was spring. She is a little angel for using her pee pads and making it easier for you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad you got all your veggies and the piggies will get plenty!

My ankle just feels stiff and not right yet, will be time but it's getting better I know. I am going to go out for groceries tomorrow. I am out of a lot of things.

Suzy loves the snow. I am going to take her out in it tomorrow and let her run around in it. Yes, she's been wonderful to use those pee pads. She is such a laid back, happy dog. Smile

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I hope it is warm enough and not too slippery when you go shopping. You will be glad to have some fresh food.

Both you and Suzy will be glad to get out and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.
We snowed all day here. It is a wet snow so my feet got really wet. Good thing I have more than one set of boots.

I was lucky to find some good vegetables at a good price. The piggies are happy. They do love to eat.

Good luck with your shopping tomorrow.
Catherine

Your climate sounds a lot like ours here. I guess I am just across the pond from you (Lake Erie). I'm right next to the lake. It is behind the next street here or just a short walk.

We are in the same weather pattern. I am on the north side of lake Ontario and you are the south side of lake Erie. We both get lake effect weather and most storms get both of us. It would be unusual for a storm in your area to miss Toronto and same with a storm here.
I am a slightly longer walk from the lake, but it is still close.

I am hoping we both get early spring. 

I am tired of wearing a heavy winter coat and heavy boots.

How soon do you get to shed the cast?
That can't come a moment too soon.
Catherine

Yes, we do get the same kind of weather. We are supposed to be 50 F tomorrow which will be nice. I have gone out several times without the cast even though I'm supposed to keep it on till next Tues. If my doctor allows me to walk indoors without the cast then my ankle and foot must be healing well. When I move my foot certain ways the back Achilles tendon hurts. My foot just feels odd now. Not like it is normal again. When I go outside in my Winter Boots instead of the cast I walk very carefully and don't walk a lot. Plus I have been resting and elevating my foot like the doc told me to. I'm not putting that cast back on!! Totally sick and tired of it. I am still supposed to see the doctor 2 weeks from Tuesday. I don't know if I will go. I can probably find some ankle and foot exercises online to do. The doctor just moved to another city and don't know if I want to drive that far anyways.

You will need to do exercises to stretch things. It is incredible how fast the tendon shortens when you can't move it. It will take a bit of work to get things moving right again.

At least you can walk without the cast. That is a bit step.It will take a while to feel normal. A break does quite a bit of damage to the tissue around the bone. At least you are on the mend. Every day you get closer to normal.
Catherine

Thanks for the idea about stretching. I've been stretching the Achilles tendon by pulling the top of my foot up, it still hurts but is just a tad bit looser. I'll have to keep this stretching up. I am going to look for some Physical Therapy for the ankle on Google search.

The stretching will help get things back into position. It takes a while. You will have to do it daily for weeks and gradually get your strength back. It is incredible how long it takes to heal a little bone in the ankle.

I am sure there are good exercises on Google. It will be worth it when your foot is back to normal.
Catherine

I have found quite a few exercises on Youtube.com for ankle and food injuries. I have only been doing 2 of them. Plus the one my doctor gave me. I think I may go to Physical Therapy after I see my doctor in 11 days. I think he's going to xray my ankle and foot again but I don't know why. The nurse mentioned it when I was leaving last time I was there. I still have some discomfort but it's nothing much anymore.