Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Bock.

Watching anything being born is amazing. I think hedgehogs are even more amazing because mom has to be so careful with her quills around the newborns and when their quills come in they have to be careful around mom. I would love to have taken a picture, but I didn't want to disturb her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm a bit late to join the New Year wishes, but nevertheless....

Happy New Year to all admins, members and visitors! May this coming year bring you much love, peace, joy, success and good health!

LPC, I knew we would hear from you. All the best in 2016. I hope it is a good year for us all.

That is the most amazing fireworks display. I have never seen anything like it.
You always find the best displays.

I hope this year is one of peace and health for us all and I really wish a better future for the animals of the world.
Catherine

Happy New Year Bock, and to your family!

Happy New Year to you too, LPC! And to all your family and animals!
The year is still new and full of possibilities. We are checking in with each other and sending friends new years greetings. I love the first days of the year. It is a time of hope and promise. Not everything will go well this year, but for a few days we think about the possibility of a better world. We never lose hope, so better  really is possible. I hope at least some of all your new years dreams come true.
Catherine

That's so nice you got to see the hedgehog give birth. Must have been fascinating!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Watching a hedgehog give birth was pretty special. Birth is always a wonderful thing to be part of. It is just so funny to see something all covered in spines giving birth and nurturing tiny little babies. They are born without spines so they are very under developed. Mom seems to be doing a good job of nurturing her babies. If I can get a picture later I will post it.
Catherine

I would love to see them.

It has been almost a week so there may be tiny little spines showing. I will take my camera and try to get pictures.

Hedgehogs are such funny little creatures. In spite of the spines she is a loving mother.
Catherine

I have seen people who have hedgehogs for pets. One lady had a lovely little village set up for them in her living room. It was really nice!