Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
I have had rescue hedgehogs and they are cute. I would love to have one and do a special set up that gives them lots of room. They can be very active.

Being around the newborns makes it more tempting to have another one. I still have the basic set up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Maybe you should go ahead and get some hedgehogs. I know you would be a good care provider for them.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is tempting. So far I have had Quibble who was found wandering in a park. She died years ago. Then I had Quincy, the blind hedgehog. He was a funny little guy. He was also fairly old. He was with me for a couple of years. I know he was abused at one of his homes before he was passed around from place to place. He never really trusted me, but he got used to me and was comfortable with me in the room.

I could adopt one of the breeders when they get old. Right now the girls are happily having babies. They won't have too many litters before they need to retire. I already like the little females and look after them at the reptile centre. I could give any of them a good home. Heart
Catherine

Yes, I know you could give them a good home. You care so much.

I meant to look at the baby hedgehogs tonight and I got distracted and now I am home and it will have to wait until I go to the reptile centre again.
The babies are getting little quills. They are so cute at this stage.
Catherine

Yes the hedgies are cutie pies! They are unique animals.

They are actually insect eaters so they can be tricky to feed. Cat food and special hedgehog chow works, but I also made special meatballs with vitamins and things that they need. It is fun to try and find the right diet for a special pet like a hedgehog. Some of them will eat fish and some won't. Some  of them will eat meal worms and crickets. It is a challenge.
Catherine

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a verrrry belated "Happy New Year"!!!
I hope things are going well for everyone so far.
I am in a bit of a transitional phase with my internet at the moment.
Should be back online very soon, hopefully!!
I snatched Bock's laptop for a minute Smiley16 , just long enough to check in and say "hi"!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Well hello and Happy New Year. We can't wait for you to have you high speed internet so you can join us more often.

Smiley48 Smiley32 57 35 87 19
Catherine

Hi! Happy New Year!