Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016, Year of the Vegan
I approach cooking my meals differently and I am stocking my cupboards differently. I actually used quinoa in my meal tonight. I had rice, grains and nuts with some quinoa mixed in with a mushroom mixed veggie stir fry. It wasn't bad. I liked it. The big thing is the fact that I did it with things I had in my kitchen. I tossed it together as a healthy, tasty meal.  Cooking differently is starting to be normal and I have some sense of what I can make.

I don't like to fuss with recipes. I like to be able to put a meal together from what I have on hand.  I always have the fresh veggies because of the guinea pigs. I have grains, beans, lentils, nuts, rices and quinoa. I should be able to come up with something good everyday.

I am working at vegan one meal at a time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's good. I haven't bought any cheese but I have bought some free range eggs. I trust the place that Nature's Bin gets their eggs from. I got some organic fruit and veggies, too. I wonder of the long range consequences of eating fruit and veggies that have been sprayed with pesticides.
I am sure there are a lot of long term consequences to the pesticides we use. We see them kill insects or weeds or whatever else is there. Why wouldn't we wonder if it can damage us in some way.

I am lucky that I can get good produce in my area.  There are good farms around.

I get a special pesticide free hay for the guinea pigs. I am sure the pesticides are not good for them either.
Catherine

That's good you can get good produce. I've been getting organic fruit and veggies at Nature's Bin and it is twice the cost of non organic.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Even our regular vegetables are quite good. 

If I go to the discount veggie place they might not be as perfect looking, but they are still good.
Catherine